Vice President of Client Services
Earlybird (earlybird.co) is one of Chicago's leading software consulting startups and a developer of proprietary tools for data engineering and analysis. Since 2012, our company has served over 50 clients in a wide range of different industries.
While the specifics of each project varies, a common theme in our work is the use of complex data and applied analytics to help businesses solve problems, make better decisions, and reach new strategic goals. In practical terms this might mean helping a retailer mine its customer data for ways to improve its marketing campaigns, or launching a custom-built inventory management system for a reseller in a niche industrial category. Every situation is a little different, but that's part of what keeps our work fun and interesting.
Earlybird is seeking an entrepreneurial and emotionally intelligent business leader to become our Vice President of Client Services, a role that will own both the strategy and tactics of delivering our custom software projects and data science services. This individual will help us further professionalize our consulting team and institute processes that ensure successful client experiences.
- Execute delivery of highly complex and strategic software projects for clients
- Facilitate executive conversations regarding budget, resources, schedule, and risk
- Establish and maintain trusted advisor relationships with client project stakeholders
- Create and lead technical employee training and professional development initiatives
- Assist with representing the company as a thought leader and community participant
- Help shape direction of company as member of management team
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field, or equivalent professional experience. Graduate or professional degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in consulting or professional services, preferably involving custom software or business analytics.
- Prior experience in a client-facing role, such as account management, sales engineering, or customer success.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment with a team-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high level of attention to detail