VP, Customer Experience
SpotHero is seeking a VP of Customer Experience who will own the vision, strategy, and execution for driving a best in class customer experience at SpotHero! This person will work cross functionally with our sales, marketing, engineering, and product teams to ensure customer and operator success all the way from initial set-up through contract renewal, impacting the overall success and growth of our business. Most importantly, as our VP of Customer Experience, you will be responsible for connecting our end users and operator partners in a way that ensures at SpotHero, we embody our core value of giving drivers the right of way.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Direct day-to-day operations of our Customer Experience organization. Responsible for building a customer-centered culture focused on meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Develop, train, and inspire our Customer Experience team including administrative support, fields operations, operator support, training and onboarding, technical support, and customer service.
- Oversee management of third-party customer service augmentation firm. Responsible for reviewing their performance and ensuring their commitment to supporting our customers with the SpotHero voice.
- Work with the internal teams, customers, and partners to develop repeatable, streamlined processes and solutions using the SpotHero offerings to accomplish customer and operator objectives.
- Establish relationship-level success metrics and create process for monitoring progress (customer satisfaction and retention, operator satisfaction and retention, etc.).
- Develop system for the team to proactively monitor customer status and overall customer health. Implement methods to stay ahead of customer issues by understanding customer product usage and identifying product support needs.
- Accountable for operator satisfaction, retention, and expansion. Follow methodology for ensuring customers are deriving maximum value from our products and collaborate with sales to ensure account growth.
- Cultivate and maintain excellent customer relationships. Interface regularly with customer to understand market needs and potential opportunities for proactive support.
- Remain up-to-date on product and marketing initiatives to ensure customer messaging is always current and accurate.
- Engage with product development and product management teams as customer advocate in product roadmap discussions.
- Establish methods for obtaining consistent and formal customer feedback. Establish action plan based on results.
- Establish a customer retention process that contributes to improved churn metrics for the business.
- Passionate about customer advocacy. You possess the ability to enthusiastically motivate and inspire customer experience and operations team members.
- A clear communicator. You’re well-spoken and well-written, and can use this skill to share data and introduce new concepts to groups ranging from our Hero Department to Executive Team.
- Innovative. You’re a problem solver and constantly think of creative solutions to complex problems.
- A thought leader. You have a track record of identifying and implementing innovative solutions, consistent with the company’s core values.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, marketing, or other related field
- 8-10 years relevant leadership experience in a customer success, service, engagement and/or relationship/account manager role within a technology-driven environment
- Outstanding communication and rapport building skills with the ability to convey information across all levels of an organization
- Technical fluency and enthusiastic about technology and how it can be leveraged to make customers lives more convenient and are operations partners more profitable and efficient
- Ability to be successful in an emerging function with competence in defining and establishing process and solutions
- Data driven with ability to transform analytics into action that results in positive impact to our customers
- High Proficiency with Salesforce.com or other CRM software, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Google suite
- Willing to travel as required for partner meetings
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.