Are you known for your ability to execute with a high degree of expediency and accuracy? Are you someone who very naturally possesses the vision to drive big picture change and growth but also will tend to the details or process necessary to attain those goals? If so, Black Spectacles’ VP of Operations role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a VP of Operations to execute the vision of the CEO and lead our operational teams.
- Build and lead all operational teams (Sales, Marketing, Operations).
- Ensure cross-functional coordination, revenue recognition and alignment of KPIs across the organization.
- Lead business planning, goal-setting, and establish measurement/analytics framework and cadence. Provide analytics and reporting for the leadership team.
- Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Assist with executive level hiring and identifying people needs across the organization.
- 10+ years of experience, building and leading strategy, operations, sales, and marketing teams.
- Proven track record scaling hi growth tech companies. Comfortable navigating ambiguity in a startup environment.
- Inspiring leader who has constructed high-performing multi-functional organizations.
- Highly creative and strategic: track record of creating innovative and sound strategy for growth.
- Flawless organization & execution: proven ability to execute quickly and effectively against business strategy, driving complex project roadmaps to completion
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Management consulting/business strategy experience highly preferred.
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.