About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
Reporting to and collaborating with the Camelot Illinois Chief Commercial Officer, the Vice President of Retail will be responsible for transforming and leading all retail activities for the Illinois Lottery delivering on the businesses retail commercial commitments to the State of Illinois.
Additionally, help to establish the Illinois Lottery brand to be a champion for the people of Illinois, through delivering - Fun Games, Create Winners, Support Causes. Powering possibilities across the Illinois Lottery product portfolio is a key driver to delivering for the people of Illinois.
- Drive and deliver the Retail commercial strategy, objectives and key results.
- Quickly establish credibility and rapport with Lottery Retailers and Retail Associations.
- Lead the efforts to transform the retail experience including replacing all permanent point of sale, introducing disciplined retail standards, upgrading sales force impact and updating retailer policies and programs.
- Leverage consumer insights and deep understanding of retailers to develop growth strategies and plans.
- Identify and secure new forms of distribution in order to reach occasional and new players and enhance the lottery’s image.
- Identify and develop ways to leverage retail point of sale to reinforce iLottery sales via an affiliate program for retailers.
- Optimize the lottery vending program in addition to evaluating other sales delivery solutions such as in-lane lottery sales solutions.
- Establish a shared vision and winning culture across a diverse sales team.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of experience as a senior retail leader.
- Must have a commercial mindset and experience with significant change in a commercial retail environment.
- Proven experience building and leading a successful retail team with a track record of transforming the retail performance of a branded product in retail channels.
- A strong leader who can create and establish a vision across a diverse group of stakeholders, working to align efforts of employees who are not direct reports (working through a broker network, for example).
- Proven experience developing consultative selling strategies to secure new accounts, forging effective top-to-top relationships.
- Proven ability to lead and integrate field sales, tele-sales and key account sales teams.
- Proven ability to strategically expand distribution.
- Experience creating fast results in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience growing and leading a high performing retail team.
- Experience with ramp-up situations, building and integrating teams would be beneficial.
- Inspiring, engaging change agent.
- A collaborative team player with great emotional intelligence and the ability to earn credibility and build relationships across a diverse group of internal stakeholders – marketing, operations, technology, etc.
- A visionary leader with presence, poise, mature judgement and the desire to mentor and develop staff.
- High energy, flexibility, enthusiasm and excitement about working in a fast growing, ever-changing environment.
- Hands-on executor who is able to roll up their sleeves and get the work done as needed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional level of discipline, integrity, and a strong sense of accountability for performance and delivering results.
- Proven success optimizing the performance of a channel with a disciplined approach.
- Lever performance accountability -- e.g. retail levers, marketing levers, product levers.
- Analytical / data oriented mindset - skills to apply in problem solving
- Identify problems - drive solutions - assign action where support is needed.
- Multi-channel track - sales into operational accountability
- Experience managing in regulated and / or unionized environments.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.