VP, Strategy & Planning - US Markets
What We'll Bring:
We are seeking a VP Strategy and Planning for our U.S. Markets department. TransUnion is experiencing significant expansion with entry into new vertical markets, key acquisitions and new product growth initiatives. The US Markets Strategy and Planning team collaborates across multiple vertical lines of business and other cross-functional groups (Finance, Technology, HR, Marketing, etc.) to develop business plans and strategy for existing and emerging markets.
This leadership position is responsible for delivering a comprehensive strategy that encompasses all vertical market, horizontal solutions and key capabilities that underpin and drive the growth of the US Markets business. This role will own the development and delivery of the US Markets 3YP, development of board materials and other executive communications, competitive analysis, participation in M&A due diligence, and ongoing administrative management such as facilitating staff meetings and business reviews for the President of US Markets.
What You'll Bring:
- Demonstrated ability to handle any situation with confidence and conviction along with experience in successfully navigating and operating within a matrixed organization.
- Collaborative, customer-focused individual who can reach across the organization to effect change.
- Requires 15+ years of related business experience with at least 5 years that focus on market and industry analysis. Must have strategy or business planning experience. 3-5 years with a consulting firm a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or other related discipline. MBA in management/operations is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of supported business functions, systems, and infrastructure. Familiarity operating within a regulated and highly visible environment combined with a fundamental understanding of the challenges that presents.
- Must have high proficiency in business case development and use of Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); experience with other data analysis tools a plus. .
- Must be comfortable analyzing financials, with strong project management skills, problem solving, and business acumen. Attention to detail and high accuracy are critical.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a dynamic team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to quickly grasp industry and business-wide concepts in order to assess implications to drive actions and to capitalize on opportunities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience in providing crisp, insightful information to senior management teams.
- Ability to communicate and influence individuals in a range of settings, including presenting to groups and building support for the execution of new strategies, initiatives and approaches.
- Poised and self-assured, comfortable interacting with associates from all levels of the organization.
- Be flexible and possess team-player skills, have good judgment, and customer focus
- Willingness / ability to travel 20% of time.
Impact You'll Make:
- Work closely with the President of US Markets and other US Markets leaders to drive the strategic agenda and vision.
- Collaborate with the President of US Markets and CFO on annual three-year planning process. Work closely with the head of the businesses to create a three year strategy for the CEO and Board.
- Analyze market opportunities and develop robust strategies and business plans to position the company beyond its current operational plans.
- Communicate the US Markets strategy to key stakeholders and associates, ensuring that they understand the strategic plan and how it will achieve TransUnion’s overall goals
- Develop and manage processes and coordination of strategy and planning activities across US Markets, which include monthly business reviews, leadership off-site meetings, etc.
- Develop internal and external communication content for executive leadership, including board materials.
- Collaborate with vertical market leadership to create and maintain business plans and product strategies that have clear and measurable targets. Track and report progress against business growth plans.
- Continuously monitor direct competitors and other relevant companies to provide accurate and timely competitive intelligence to the US Markets leadership and front-line sellers.
- Support new vertical market and acquisition efforts through market and economic research, creation of TransUnion value propositions and coordination with the vertical teams.
- Create ad hoc strategic analysis for the leadership team.
- Solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business and business unit objectives.
- Partner with Finance and other areas to forecast investment needs, prepare performance reports and dashboards.
- Manage a small team to drive change and improvement across US Markets. Coach and mentor direct reports and other key individuals across the company in both execution of plans and their careers.
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills to work with key teams and individuals at TransUnion and outside partners, consultants, and suppliers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.