Workplace Coordinator at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Braze People Team is looking for a well-organized, enthusiastic, and welcoming workplace coordinator for our Chicago office. You will be an integral member of our People team working closely with our People Operations Manager while collaborating daily with team members across the organization. As a Workplace Coordinator you will pride yourself on embodying our culture by cultivating a positive and welcoming environment. As the face of Braze, you will set the tone for everyone walking through our doors.
While we’re still working from home, your responsibilities include:
- In partnership with the People Team, assist with planning and executing office-wide events and meetings, in addition to Workplace-sponsored initiatives (for example, Pride celebrations, Take Our Kids to Work Day, company celebrations, etc).
- Maintaining the great culture we have and working closely with the Regional General Manager to ensure employee engagement.
- Assist with office searches and planning. Be the key point of contact for all vendors regarding office opening and operations.
- Assist with return-to-office planning and ensuring the safety of our employees when we are back in office.
- Assist with client events, administrative tasks, errands, and ad hoc project support as needed.
Once office life resumes, your responsibilities will also include:
- Focus on ensuring a safe workplace in support of the COVID-19 containment initiative.
- Participate in other workplace safety duties, such as verification of sanitation protocols, building walkthroughs, workplace re-entry preparation, and ensuring personal protective equipment (PPE) is available.
- Manage the front desk, greeting all guests, ensuring they are comfortable and properly taken care of, guaranteeing a positive lasting impression.
- Maintain professional appearance of the reception area, conference rooms, and general office.
- Act as a point person for vendors and receiving and distributing all mail & packages (including USPS, FedEx, UPS) and managing corporate accounts.
- Oversee office order management handling internal tickets for maintenance and other general building requests.
- Assist with new hire setup. Organizing badges, new hire swag, and building access.
- Serve as a point of contact for visiting remote employees and event guests.
- Be a part of EH&S (Environment, Health & Safety) and ERT (Emergency Response Team) and act as Fire Warden/Emergency POC
- Coordinate food and beverage programs, coordinating with suppliers on menu, budget, and inventory.
- Assist with all space planning and seat mapping by maintaining the integrity of our master seating chart.
- This role will be a full-time in office position when offices re-open.
WHO YOU ARE
- 1+ years of experience in a reception/administrative support and/or office assistance in a people-facing role
- Friendly and professional. You take pride in your ability to cultivate a fun and inviting office atmosphere, and a willingness to engage with guests to make them feel welcome
- Team player & collaborator, willing to jump in on any task, big or small.
- Ability to manage time, work independently and see projects through completion
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with G Suite
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage inventory and maintain a basic budget.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.