Product Designer at Envoy Global
Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process. Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals. Every day, we are giving companies the tools they need to hire the best talent from around the world, send talent where it’s needed, and help support foreign workers and immigrants throughout the process. We’re a fast-growing, award-winning technology company, a leader in our space and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
At Envoy, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. We are seeking an experienced designer to join our Product Design Team in an exciting and fast-paced organization. The ideal designer will have a passion for tackling complex problems and designing elegant, simple solutions to create an experience that surprises and delights users.
The Product Team is responsible for the web and mobile apps used by our customers, both internal and external. We’re looking for an outstanding product designer to create experiences for those users. Curious? Read on!
- Design work that will be used by thousands of people every month around the world (literally!)
- Design simple and seamless experiences by refining product requirements and user goals into sketches and eventually high fidelity comps
- Grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate into clean, focused, understandable solutions
- Be comfortable presenting initial sketches/ideas to garner feedback on direction and concept
- Work with other team members to iterate and refine full product concepts and prototypes
- Demonstrate creative and innovative problem solving and possess some leadership abilities
- Flourish in a fast paced, ever-changing, and deadline driven environment
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of product development process, from product thinking to visual and interaction design
- 3+ years’ work experience with a focus on product design and UI across a variety of platforms including web and mobile
- Exceptional user experience and visual design skills, including a portfolio of work showcasing excellence in product and visual design
- A great eye for aesthetics and detail
- Experience designing UI products from conception to completion, including the development process
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and prototypes
- Aptitude to function independently and in a team environment with excellent collaboration skills
- Enthusiasm and history of working in an iterative design process, driven by group critique
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects and adjust to changes due to project priorities
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Invision and other design tools
Due to COVID, Envoy currently has its employees working from home until end of year of 2020. As part of our workforce working from home, we continually communicate with employees, fostering a culture of transparency and balance, staying focused on protecting the team and serving our customers.
To do so, our CEO hosts bi-weekly mini-All Hands Meetings. This gives the company updates on the state of the business, recognizes employees service and accomplishments, identifies opportunities to learn from each other, and have a little fun while we're at it.
We continuously identify how Envoy can support our employees and culture to ensure a productive, healthy, and balanced work environment, ultimately providing great service and tech to our customers and their workforces. Of recent, our teams and managers like to balance our productivity and focus on servicing our customers, with some fun: whether that includes virtual team happy hours and game nights or sharing photos of recent vacations (or stay-cations), and of course we always invite pictures of furry, feathered, or scaled “co-workers”.
If requested, employees are also able to voluntarily work in the office located in the heart of the Chicago Loop, conveniently located 2 blocks from Metra trains and the CTA.
As an employee of Envoy, we offer a variety of perks, benefits to help reflect our great culture and mission.
Perks & Benefits:
- Extremely competitive and robust benefits through BCBS IL including telemedicine and mental health resources, and Principal Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k and company match which vests immediately
- Annual accrual of 18 days of paid time off (PTO), 2 personal days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- On demand learning and development courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Product and industry training
- Stock options after one year of employment
- Growing social responsibility programs & partnerships
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Recent Community Recognition:
- Built in Chicago's 2020 Best Places to Work
- Chicago Innovation Award Winner 2019
- ITA Industry Disrupter Winner 2019
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability