Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, tech-savvy Account Executive with strong business acumen to join our Sales team. As an Account Executive, your role will be focused on generating new business within our SMB, Agency segment.
Our Agency team excels at building relationships with boutique agencies, empowering them to support their clients in deeper and more meaningful ways. The ideal candidate is excited about high volume interactions with customers and should be familiar with common agency business structures.
Joining the Agency Sales team is an opportunity to strengthen your career in sales. Contributing at a high level as an SMB Agency Account Executive will open opportunities to propel your career through our growing Sales organization.
Our Sales team works with over 20,000 brands worldwide including Edelman, Chicago Bulls, Subaru and Sony Electronics. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
For this role, we’re looking for:
- Proven success in a B2B closing role, preferably with a SaaS company
- Experience selling to digital marketing agency customers
- Social media experience and/or marketing automation a plus
- Driven to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in time management, setting priorities, and taking the initiative
- Track record of overachieving against defined metrics
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email and demonstrations/webinar
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Understand and apply effective business development strategies and techniques
- A passion for building new business
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM platform
- Willingness to work in a collaborative work environment
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Agency Sales to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of the Agency Account Executive team by shadowing team members and listening to recorded customer calls and demos.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Learn Sprout’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers and working closely with our Sales Enablement Specialists.
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Become fully ramped in your role as an Account Executive
- Manage a strong pipeline of qualified leads and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your customers’ brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and helps others grow from your experiences.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer and customer feedback.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, and advocacy solutions to more than 20,000 brands and agencies worldwide. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and building elegant, sophisticated software. Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Chicago, we are a team of 600 people located across more than 25 cities worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in Chicago, Sprout has offices in Seattle and Dublin.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity— race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.