Account Executive, Commercial at Braze (Chicago, IL)
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
As an Account Executive on our Commercial team, you will own the full sales cycle from prospecting to close. Your book of business will span prospective and existing customers across Braze’s Commercial customer segment.
This is a unique opportunity to be one of the first members of a growing team, where you will play an active role in helping to shape the team culture. We work directly with Marketing, Product, and Technical executives on the client side to help them forge human connections between consumers and the brands they love. The customer work is rewarding - many of our customers are in hyper-growth mode and are building their businesses on the back of the Braze platform - and the team culture we aspire to create is one committed to collaboration, a growth mindset, and a willingness to take ownership of the challenge at hand.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You have at least 5 years of field sales experience selling SaaS solutions that involve technically integrated products.
- You excel at generating and managing your own pipeline. You’re on top of many moving parts.
- Your customers describe your selling as consultative and human. You’re a natural story-teller and an attentive listener.
- You’re analytical and data-driven. Your approach is grounded in examples and defined by testing and iterating. You harbor a desire to understand and make sense of complex systems and concepts.
- You know how to help buyers navigate large SaaS investments, including how to mobilize distributed, global organizations and accelerate cycles. Among many stakeholders, you identify and influence key people.
- Being a fast-growth company, things here change pretty fast. You’re comfortable learning new things (tech, process, people) and navigating high-change environments.
- Bonus if you’ve sold to Growth/Marketing teams, or have a background in analytics, CRM, marketing automation, data storage/agility or content marketing solutions (but not required).
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.