Well, hello there 👋
We're Screencastify, the #1 screen recorder for Chrome. More than 12 million people use Screencastify every week (!!!) to record, edit and share all sorts of amazing videos. We like to think that we've democratized video creation by making it simpler and more affordable than ever before.
In K-12 classrooms around the world, teachers and students are using Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much much more. Our free version is used in more than 70% of US school districts, and many of them have benefitted from upgrading to one of our paid plans.About the role
At Screencastify, the Account Executive is a truly exciting role with potential to propel us into a new phase of growth.
You'll be responsible for the sales process, from initial contact to closure. You'll track sales numbers, set activity goals, and build lasting relationships with K-12 schools and districts across the country. Before long, you'll become an edtech expert with the intention of helping our customers achieve the best possible outcome using Screencastify.
While our existing traction and brand reputation will set you up for success, this job will require a great deal of creativity, persistence, and entrepreneurship. As our Account Executive, you will play a critical role in the company’s growth trajectory.
You’ll need to understand our product inside and out, and to speak about it differently depending on who you're talking to. Most of all, you should love helping people. We take a consultative approach to sales. We work in service of our users, regardless of whether or not they end up paying us.
What you'll do:
- Manage a strong pipeline of qualified leads and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Execute warm outreach (emails, calls) to the districts that use our free version
- Focus on speed on a reach. You will have hundreds of accounts to focus on and reaching out to as many as possible will be important
- Conduct personalized, energizing product demos
- Measure and optimize the effectiveness of our outreach and sales funnel
- Share best practices across the organization and helps others grow from your experiences
- Work closely and maintain effective communication with other departments, including: Customer Success, Product, and Marketing
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have 2-4 years of sales experience, SaaS and/or K-12 is a huge plus
- Aren’t afraid of big spreadsheets and number crunching
- Are charismatic, both in writing and in conversation (you make a GREAT first impression!)
- Jump at opportunities break convention and do things differently
- Are excited to get in on the ground floor of a small, rapidly-growing, fast-paced startup
- Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
- 401k plan. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
- Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
- Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
- Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
- Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
- Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.