Account Manager, Channel at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, outgoing and tech-savvy Account Manager, Channel to manage and grow our channel accounts. Your primary focus will be onboarding our channel customers, provide training to their respective sales and success teams, manage their day to day administrative needs and provide troubleshooting for their sales teams. Additionally, you will identify and target new channel opportunities to bring into the Sprout Social ecosystem via our Ideal Channel Partner Profile.
The ideal candidate is passionate about solving hard problems, has a voracious appetite to learn new skills and enjoys getting into the details with discovering potential new partners and channels for Sprout to explore. This individual prides themself on being organized, detail-oriented, and empathetic.
Sprout Social is used by over 20,000+ brands worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- 2 - 4 years of relevant channel sales experience
- Proven success in a B2B closing role within a channel segment
- SaaS experience preferred
- Previous account management/maintenance experience
- Built internal processes to support channel and external efforts
- Driven to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in time management, setting priorities and taking the initiative
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email and demonstrations/webinars
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Understand and apply effective new business development strategies and techniques
- Passion for building new business
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM platform
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Director, Sales Strategy to define key success metrics for your role and how you will be measured against them.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of the Account Manager, Channel role by shadowing team members and listening to recorded customer calls and demos.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-marketing messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Learn Sprout’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers and working closely with our Sales Enablement Specialists.
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Become fully ramped in your role as an Account Manager, Channel.
- Manage a strong pipeline of qualified leads and begin in the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Fully immerse yourself within our current channel partners and their day to day administrative needs.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your customers’ brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Begin to see revenue growth and volume growth from our existing and new channel partners.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics
- Added process optimization, new partners, and growth within our existing partner ecosystem.
- By way of your involvement, the program will have matured into an efficient and strategic revenue arm for the company.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in downtown Seattle
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected]m and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!