Account Manager at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
DFIN ActiveDisclosure℠ is a financial reporting solution specifically designed for companies that rely on the Microsoft Office® productivity suite to draft, collaborate and finalize SEC disclosures. ActiveDisclosure helps streamline content creation, review and distribution improving efficiency, governance and the overall quality of all financial reports. The ActiveDisclosure Salesperson at DFIN is a member of the sales delivery team for the ActiveDisclosure product line. Generally, this role is responsible for managing a pipeline of sales opportunities, working directly with field Sales Executives and Account Managers with prospect engagement, selling directly and utilizing teams to deliver client wins.
• Build and maintain a strong understanding of the product and services associated with the ActiveDisclosure product line.
• Develop and maintain relationships with sales delivery team members including Regional Managing Directors, field Sales Executives, and Account Managers within your territory
• Prospect and qualify sales leads, coordinating as required with the DFIN field sales team
• Manage and track sales opportunities and forecasts within Salesforce.com, providing reports to the Director of Sales as requested
• Manage a complex sales cycle, starting with the needs assessment process for each prospect, identifying pain points and determining the fit for our solutions
• Identify various buying roles within each prospect account and develop a suitable sales execution plan
• Educate prospects on the value of an ActiveDisclosure solution and how it addresses their needs
• As needed, engage the Implementation team at the appropriate stage of the sales cycle to assess technical needs and prepare an implementation plan
• Prepare and deliver sales quotes to the prospect
• Work with Sales Executives to successfully close opportunities
• Coordinate with the Post-Sale and Services team to hand off new clients
• Proven ability to sell enterprise software licensing and/or projects in the $50-500k range with yearly results of $2M or greater.
• Ability to prospect, develop and close software opportunities
• Thorough understanding of the enterprise software needs of finance and compliance teams
• General understanding of the financial and/or regulatory disclosure process
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on negotiation, needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques
• Superior presentation skills
• A broad understanding of the financial close process and the SEC filing process
• An in-depth understanding of the technology used by public companies for external reporting
• 5 - 7 years of quota carrying, technology based sales experience
• Proven track record of B2B solution selling with demonstrated ability to sell to all levels of management up to, and including, the C-suite
• Experience in meeting and exceeding quotas or annual sales targets of at least $2M
• Experience tracking a sales pipeline using sales automation software (Salesforce.com preferred)
• CPA highly desired but not required, experience selling to the CFO's office also encouraged
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent