About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Retail Sales team will implement a comprehensive refresh of the in-store experience for both customers and consumers. 8000 retailers across Illinois will receive transformational sales support reinforced by better products and better media advertising resulting in a transformation of sales performance and overall brand image.
Help to establish the Illinois Lottery brand to be a champion of the people of Illinois, through delivering - Fun Games, Create Winners, Support Causes. Powering possibilities across the Illinois Lottery retail landscape is a key driver to delivering for the people of Illinois.
- Generate profitable sales by selling solutions that meet the customer's needs by developing and implementing strategies for assigned accounts.
- Manage the opportunity pipeline effectively, identifying the biggest and most likely opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Build effective proposals, based on customer needs, consumer insights and the customer's decision criteria.
- Assists in the delivery of the end to end retailer experience within multiple accounts.
- Provide feedback and insight based on market and retailer analysis, to ensure that the retail strategy reflects the major market trends.
- Assist the Key Account Managers in complex customer negotiations across a broad range of senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Take accountability for delivering against sales targets.
- Attend external conferences and events, staying up to date with the latest thinking.
- Build strategic relationships with decision makers in assigned accounts.
- Partnering with field sales leadership to maximize the potential of all assigned accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1-3 years of sales experience required with a demonstration of territory management resulting in profitable volume, customer penetration, attainment of new customers and growth preferably in a CPG or retail environment.
- Proven ability to manage retailer relationships at local level.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience dealing with retailers.
- Proven understanding of retailer needs.
- Proven ability to analyze financial and business performance providing insight and recommendations to customers and decision makers.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable ability to convert insight into plans for the channel, as well as executing plans.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite of products.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot Illinois values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: We drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.