Account Specialist at SMS Assist
- Develop and maintain positive client relations, up to and including corporate contacts, as required to ensure superior client satisfaction.
- Receive and handle customer calls and email requests for services.
- Manage real-time inquires while keeping track of and responding to commitments.
- Manage the full lifecycle of the client’s operational projects by: using analytical tools to understand the objective in context; assigning the appropriate resources for project completion; maintaining appropriate timelines; communicating regularly with clients and department leadership; maintaining accountability throughout the process.
- Proactively develop and implement solutions to client requirements that fall outside of standard procedure and historical precedent.
- Take ownership of complex issues escalated by the client independently. Act as final escalation point before determining whether any disputes or un-satisfied service confirmations need to be highlighted to Team Lead.
- Evaluate, select, negotiate with and build relationships with affiliates. Maintain open communication with affiliates in a manner that adheres to all contracts and agreed upon Scope of Work throughout the duration of the relationship.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person; will be considered a point person for the handoff between shifts and/or other offices.
- May be required to run special reports for the Team Lead and/or Client, as well as provide analysis on performance trends
- Demonstrate professionalism in communication, relationship development, customer service, etc.
- Assist in training team members and provides constructive feedback as necessary
- Provide market intelligence feedback to maximize customer satisfaction and to ensure strategies and policies are in place to attract and retain customers
- Shift flexibility may be required
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality and accuracy of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
An individual fully established in this role routinely demonstrates the following skills:
- Customer Service - ADVANCED
- Verbal Communication - PROFICIENT
- Written Communication - ADVANCED
- Teamwork – PROFICIENT
- Relationships – PROFICIENT
- Organizational Awareness - PROFICIENT
- Learning Agility - PROFICIENT
- Problem Solving – PROFICIENT
- Process Orientation – PROFICIENT
- Prioritization - PROFICIENT
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook essential
People Management Skills
- Not applicable to this role
- High school diploma required
- Previous experience (> 5 years) in customer service call center environment essential
- Preferred experience as a CSR IV or Coach
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree / internship preferred