Agency Account Executive (multiple openings)
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, tech-savvy Account Executive with strong business acumen to join our Sales team. As an Account Executive, your role will be focused on generating new business within our Agency segment.
Our Agency team excels at building relationships with agencies of all sizes, empowering them to support their clients in deeper and more meaningful ways. The ideal candidate is excited about high volume interactions with customers and should be familiar with common agency business structures.
Joining the Agency Sales team is an opportunity to strengthen your career in sales. Contributing at a high level as an Agency Account Executive will open opportunities to propel your career through our growing Sales organization.
Our Sales team works with over 25,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- Proven success in a B2B closing role, preferably with a SaaS company
- Experience selling to digital marketing agency customers
- Social media experience and/or marketing automation a plus
- Driven to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in time management, setting priorities, and taking the initiative
- Track record of overachieving against defined metrics
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email and demonstrations/webinar
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Understand and apply effective business development strategies and techniques
- A passion for building new business
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM platform
- Willingness to work in a collaborative work environment
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Agency Sales to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of the Agency Account Executive team by shadowing team members and listening to recorded customer calls and demos.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Learn Sprout’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers and working closely with our Sales Enablement Specialists.
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Become fully ramped in your role as an Account Executive
- Manage a strong pipeline of qualified leads and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your customers’ brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and helps others grow from your experiences.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer and customer feedback.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement. Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!