Who is Clearcover?
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is an Agency Sales Manager?
We are looking for an experienced Agency Sales Manager to help us bring Clearcover insurance product solutions to an evolving agency distribution channel.
The ideal candidate for this role will understand how to gain shelf space in an agency channel and leverage key data points to optimize performance. You’ll need to be P&C licensed and be able to thoroughly understand our products, sales experience, and operational processes and then represent them externally with agents. You’ll have experience developing and facilitating agency training, both live and via phone/video conference, and be able to effectively sell the Clearcover value proposition to drive adoption for our product offerings.
You should be highly motivated and goal-oriented. You’ll need to balance managing many relationships while also being data and detail-oriented. You should also be a natural problem-solver who can work amidst ambiguity and be willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. This will be fun, but it won’t be easy.
What will you be doing?
- Agency Development – Conduct business planning and be able to understand and communicate key data points needed to optimize agency performance.
- Agency and Producer Activation – Effectively build relationships and sell the Clearcover value proposition to gain shelf space within agency quoting workflows.
- Training Development – Serve as a subject-matter-expert (SME) in understanding and communicating training and support needs.
- Training Coordination & Delivery – Facilitate and deliver onsite and virtual training sessions for new and existing agents – key insurance product differentiators, technology product capabilities, operational processes, agency compliance, general FAQs, and who to contact for support.
- Sales Support – Handle escalated issues and work cross-functionally with insurance product and operational/compliance teams to address underwriting questions in the sales/renewal process.
- Competitive Intelligence – Gather and provide competitive intelligence to better understand competition and emerging trends.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration – Work effectively with members of customer service, brand, compliance, operational teams to effectively support the channel.
What are our must haves?
- You are an expert in independent agency distribution. You’re licensed in property & casualty insurance and have experience working with brick & mortar independent agencies.
- You have great relationship skills. You’re able to build effective relationships, both internally and externally, and be direct in handling tough discussions.
- You’re a great communicator. You’re able to effectively train and communicate the features and key value propositions of our product.
- You understand insurance compliance. You’re fluent with agency licensing and appointment regulations and supporting operational processes.
- You’re hands-on and a self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with little oversight – the persistency and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- You’re flexible. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand.
- You have a growth mindset. You’re driven to improve performance through continued learning.
- You have flexibility to travel. You’re able to travel up to 40-50%, as needed.
What's in it for you?
- Will consider remote candidates
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we’ve got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social (for when the office is re-opened)