AP Rep at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL)
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Part of the Accounts Payable Department, the AP LTL Representative is responsible for managing an account portfolio of 15-20 carriers and/or +$4MM in monthly payments. Major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limitedto:managing carrier payments and expectations, trending data and payment behavior, resolving rating disputes and billing errors, reporting payables metrics to the accounting department and reducing outstanding carrier payment obligations.
- Manage an account portfolio of 15-20 Less-Than-Truckload carriers or +$4MM monthly payments
- Analyze carrier invoices to assist in resolving payment issues
- Serve as liaison between carriers and booking reps
- Analyze and resolve pricing discrepancies as compared to carrier pricing agreements and rules 100 tariffs
- Monitor and manage carrier invoices in review, unbilled, approved, and posted status
- Follow up on cash application for carrier payments
- Dispute and/or negotiate pricing settlements with carriers as needed
- Performadhoccarrier and client billing projects
- Reduce outstanding aging and maintain current account terms.
- Manage daily case load by resolving billing disputes and closing cases promptly
- Judiciously resolve cases timely with both the carrier and client in mind
- Retrieve, upload and submit carrier invoices for payment
- Moderate pricing discrepancies arising from rating errors or incorrectly billed invoices
- Follow up with open items including payment inquiries and billing adjustments with carriers
- Experience using Great Plains accounting software is a plus
- General accounting knowledge and/or experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong ability for personal interaction
- Proven take charge performer who is effective at multi-tasking
- Ability to follow through with tasks no matter how tedious they may appear
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Products, Excel in particular (Intermediate Skill)
- Team player and positive attitude
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement Potential
- Fun and energetic work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of
that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.