Area Sales Manager-Federal at Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. This Department is responsible for selling Motorola Solutions LMR; expanded software solutions & Life Cycle Sustainment offerings to the U.S. Department of Defense customer base in the Western half of the United States.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- Proactively develop large project opportunities encompassing a wide range of products and services (core and emerging technologies) with particular focus on next-generation technology and platforms
- Develop strong, trusted advisor relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within and outside of our DoD customer base in order to understand and influence funding. Interact with Senior customer levels; work independently under limited direction.
- Responsible for the strategy and execution of the sales team which includes but not limited to: hiring, developing, and coaching a team of enterprise-level sales professionals. Interface with all team members in a way that drives business results and motivates the proper activity
- Effectively lead internal teams on critical projects and issue resolution with clear direction and purpose
- Conduct periodic reviews of sales/service strategies and action steps within focused account plans
- Maintain target Customer intelligence data in Motorola CRM system Provide timely & accurate sales forecast
- Drive strategies with Federal government customers for Motorola success in the bid environment
- Be responsible for achieving both order and revenue financial performance for their assigned team’s territory by creating and maintaining a healthy team pipeline
- Network with key Motorola Solution’s work partners including; presales engineers, area services team, marketing; product management, sales operations, order/credit management to insure your territory objectives are met.
- Accurately forecast territory order and revenue numbers on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Measure results in the sales funnel and account forecasts and take corrective action to ensure targets are met or exceeded
- Leverage territory promotions and incentives to drive current quarter revenue targets.
- Conduct joint end-user sales calls as a method of coaching and training to enhance customer relationships & ensure teams are focused on territory goals.
- Function as a coach/consultant for Account Managers to drive efficiencies and contributions
- Ability to quickly learn new key characteristics of products/solutions and communicate the value of those solutions to employees and customers
- Be aware of competition and technology disruptors that may impact your territory and partner community
- Understand Motorola Solutions' contract terms & compliance requirements.
- Position requires approximately 50% travel. Travel is expected throughout all customer locations in the Western Region.
- Effective and proven negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with C-Level executives
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Highly effective communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
- Ability to drive strategies with U.S.Federal government customers for Motorola success in the bid environment
- Understanding of federal markets customer base, contract vehicles, funds, and purchase requirements
- Experience utilizing Federal Resellers partners & contract vehicles to address customer requirements
- Demonstrated ability to impact people and results remotely across multiple time zones with this internal/external knowledge
- Understanding of U.S. Federal Department of Defense domain, Motorola portfolio, competitive landscape; customer procurement processes & procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, technical experience or degree a plus.
- 5 years of documented track record of sales performance within a technology environment is required
- 3 years of leadership experience
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.