Morningstar's products transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed tools that serve our clients. The product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Customer Success group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
As an Associate Customer Success Manager, you will provide world-class service to our institutional data clients by understanding how they use our data or software platforms to drive their business and work alongside our other CSM and Sales teams on client retention and growth opportunities. This team is committed to delivering innovative products including Morningstar Data Services, Licensed Data for Fund, Equity and Indexes, Research services, Advisor Workstation, and Morningstar Annuity Intelligence as well as our ESG data offerings. This position is located in Chicago and requires occasional client-facing travel within an assigned territory.
- Serving as a subject matter expert to Morningstar clients who license our Data or Software products.
- Creating a structured set of metrics/analytics to continuously and consistently communicate mutual key performance indicators with the client to monitor risk, drive value-add activities, highlight new business opportunities and areas to improve our service.
- Conducting regular business reviews with clients to provide updates on value-add activities from Morningstar and to ensure alignment between Morningstar's Success Plan and the client's priorities.
- Ensuring key internal stakeholders (CSMs, sales, data and product and tech managers) are aware of sensitive client information that impacts the overall relationship.
- Training home office representatives/solution-administrators/CSMs or Client Education teams to ensure end-users are supported in a coordinated manner.
- Work proactively to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities through regular client interactions and relationship building activities.
- Acting as the point of escalation for the account (globally where applicable) and coordinating both internally as well as with the client to resolve escalated issues.
- Ensuring the voice of the customer and client satisfaction expectations are appropriately represented in product roadmap decisions.
- Bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree is desirable.
- Two to ten years of client service, training, or sales experience.
- A deep client service focus with strong technical, presentation, communication, and consultative skills.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment while still producing very high-quality, detail-oriented work.
- Proactive, strategic, and analytical thinker with a collaborative approach to problem-solving and project management.
- Ease in dealing with ambiguity; ability to create focus, coordination and keeping internal & external stakeholders on track.
- Ability to foster strong internal and external partnerships and relationships; take a collaborative approach; and work effectively across different business and functional areas.
- An intense desire to achieve client satisfaction and retention goals.
- Sound technical understanding of systems, data collection and delivery.
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, as well as a thorough understanding of investment data, financial analysis and competitive landscape as well as market trends impacting our clients.
Due to required travel and in-person client interaction in this role, Morningstar requires candidates to be fully vaccinated.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity