About the job
The Associate Sales Director in the Retail Intelligent Analytics business unit is responsible for expanding the Intelligent Analytics business within existing US Retail Clients. This high growth business is responsible for helping our 100+ clients make merchandising decisions built off of predictive analytics, AI, and a series of guided dashboards. The successful candidate will join a team of 40+ high performing and high energy associates. This fast-paced team is excited to have a new member join our group to build on the momentum we have established and deliver against lofty but attainable growth goals.
- Achieve sales quota consistent with NielsenIQ margin goals and delivery expectations
- Clearly articulate NielsenIQ’s value proposition and use cases to retail decision makers specific to the product portfolio of responsibility
- Generate sales leads and maintain a pipeline of sales opportunities across a portfolio of retail clients consistent with Nielsen IQ Intelligent Analytics growth strategy
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline, areas of growth, areas of risk and prioritize to close sales consistent with sales cycle norms
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including inside sales, sales operations and marketing to create impactful demand generation campaigns relevant to Nielsen IQ Intelligent Analytics growth strategy
- Ability to weave client specific insights, industry material and thought leadership information into client conversations to build context and clarity to the outcomes our solutions can deliver
- Own cross functional relationships and be a subject matter expert for your accounts and partners in a fast paced environment
- Own subject matter expert topics across the team to support growth and development of others
You have an entrepreneurial mindset and take satisfaction in achieving individual and team goals. You have successfully owned and grown your own book of business, are able to act autonomously, develop your own opinion and recognize when it is appropriate to seek alignment with others. You have the ability to successfully balance short and long term objectives, are highly collaborative and look for opportunities to contribute new ideas. You are someone who values working on a diverse, inclusive team and are not intimidated by aggressive sales targets.
Qualifications/Experience You Will Leverage
- Demonstrated success in achieving a sales quota and/or managing client relationships
- Experience selling, managing, or implementing retail pricing, promotion, and assortment applications
- Experience scoping and developing contracts for proposal and negotiation
- Understanding of the retail and category management principles including price strategy, price elasticity, promotion/trade management, assortment planning, and shopper insights through some or all of the following Retail Measurement Data, Consumer Panel Data, Retailer Loyalty Data
- Management of financial reporting tools including Salesforce or Power BI
- Track record of working collaboratively across teams you do not manage directly
- Work with or in the FMCG manufacturer or retail business
- Sales planning strategy and sales outreach processes
For well qualified candidates located near a major airport, a remote work arrangement is available. When NielsenIQ and our clients resume business travel this position can expect to travel ~20% of the time.Additional Information
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.