Business Analyst, Customer Success Operations at Morningstar
Morningstar's products transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed tools that delight our clients. The product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Customer Success group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
Morningstar is looking for experienced client-facing professional to join our Sales and Services team. The Customer Success Operations Business Analyst reports to and supports the Director of Customer Success Operations to scale operations, manage global CSM projects, and define processes and metrics for the CSM organization. This role uses data and technology to support operations, diagnose issues, and design more effective programs and activities. Working cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to craft holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Morningstar's long-range goals. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator, partners across multiple internal teams, can coordinate operations across a global team, and is focused on execution.
- Understand the key business/transformational processes of Customer Success, including Onboarding, Value Realization/Adoption and Renewal/Expansion.
- Help manage the CS Centralized operating cadence to ensure leadership meetings and other structures are appropriate and facilitate effective and timely communication.
- Actively participate in creating and delivering key operational updates for CS leadership, executive leadership team, cross functional teams, and external audiences.
- Identify and take on ad-hoc operational projects, closing gaps in business and operations.
- Support Customer Success Operations Directors in the administration and configuration of Morningstar's Customer Success Management system.
- Provide project / program management for internal Customer Success projects and manage day-to-day Customer Success operations (e.g., system improvements, reporting and analysis).
- Drive innovation, best practices, and achievement of strategic objectives.
- Provide day-to-day end-user support to all levels of the organization.
- Serve as a frontline resource for internal end-users to field questions and resolve issues.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. MBA/Consulting experience preferred.
- 4+ years operating in a SaaS oriented Customer Success function (as outlined above), sales/business operations
- 2+ years CSM/Sales tool experience - Salesforce required; experience in CS platforms such as Gainsight, ChurnZero, ClientSuccess, Catalyst is highly desirable
- Understanding of Customer Success concepts and fundamentals
- Strategy and Operations experience
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to understand business requirements and translate them to effective use of applications
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity