Business Development Associate, Nonprofit & Advocacy at Civis Analytics
What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
- Recognize nonprofit and advocacy initiatives where Civis software and consulting services can deliver value
- Identify key stakeholders, influencers and decision-makers in nonprofit organizations
- Work with Civis non profit team to strategically network within nonprofit orgs through research, tracking trends and leads
- Perform targeted outreach through email, phone and other mediums
- Follow up on inbound marketing leads through a strategic touch plan to generate additional interest in Civis and qualify for potential opportunities
- Support sales process by coordinating with other Civis departments such as legal, marketing and delivery
- Relevant work and/or internship experience with nonprofit entities
- Relevant work and/or internship experience with qualitative/quantitative research, data analytics or open-source software
- Desire to pursue sales with nonprofit clients as a career
- Ability to take direction/feedback while being coached/mentored by a more senior seller
- Demonstrated success interacting with people by phone and in writing
- Proven ability to lead conversations using effective persuasive tactics
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles associated with prospecting
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a positive attitude through adversity
- Experience with or ability to learn web applications such as Salesforce.com and LinkedIn
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, social sciences, or related fields
- 1-2 years of experience in a business operations role
- Effective problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- US work authorization
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW