Business Development Director
- Lead the Business Development team to meet all targets by both removing barriers and building creative new sales tactics and implementing growth strategies.
- Be accountable for the success Business Development team.
- Contribute to the formation of the sales strategy and then turn around and execute on the agreed upon the strategy.
- Take complete ownership of the growth and development of the Business Development Team.
- Coach team on overcoming objections and close deals.
- Conduct day-to-day performance management, including but not limited to delivering performance reviews, conducting any performance-related conversations and follow up conversations.
- Ownership of monitoring and driving sales metrics, including reporting this information regularly to leadership and key stakeholders.
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service: Proficient
- Verbal Communication: Advanced
- Written Communication: Advanced
- Teamwork: Advanced
- Relationships: Advanced
- Negotiation: Expert
- Organizational Awareness: Advanced
- Learning Agility: Proficient
- Analysis: Proficient
- Problem Solving: Expert
- Process Orientation: Advanced
- Prioritization: Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Experience building and running and inside sales function
- Computer Skills: Intermediate proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- Experience in Facilities or Supply Chain a plus
People Management Skills
- Advanced proficiency in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward
- Advanced proficiency in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing
- Advanced proficiency in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential
- Proficient in engaging multiple teams through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
- Possess the ability to create long lasting customer relationships by solving customer problems
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Have 5-7 years of experience in a Sales Leadership position, preferably with experience selling to small business. Experience in the Facilities or SaaS space also a plus.
- Have experience working in a startup environment a plus
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.