West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a strong, personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you aren’t interested in being integrated into the business, this isn’t the place for you.
We celebrate driven sales professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. You’ll sometimes be a “one-person show” but you’ll work with our consultants on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
With over 30% growth in 2019, West Monroe Partners is looking for a Business Development Executive to join our expanding M&A team. Specifically, targeting corporate buyers to sell our extensive M&A capabilities. This role can be based out of our Chicago or New York office. We offer competitive Compensation and Benefits packages.
What will you be doing?
- Leverage your personal network of Corporate Development and CFO relationships nationally to secure introduction meetings to identify upcoming transactions that will result in new business
- Research new prospects, new contacts, and map/segment the national marketplace; and manage and grow contacts
- Attend industry conferences to introduce West Monroe to new prospects and understand the latest industry trends
- Lead personal, networked-based sales pursuits
- Continually scan the marketplace for pending transactions
- Create and execute targeted outbound programs in collaboration with our industry account directors to build our M&A brand and surface new opportunities
- Attend key M&A gatherings, conferences and roundtables
Account Leadership & Strategy
- Lead teams serving clients across industries (with specific capabilities in mergers & acquisitions), while demonstrating executive presence with C-level client counterparts
- Provide overall integration leadership and services to clients
- Collaborate with all levels of management both internally and at client sites
- Facilitate client workshops focused on driving deal value
You’ll bring the following to the table:
- Relationships with strategic buyers (Corporate Development, CFO, or CEO’s) and investment bankers
- Demonstrable high-level knowledge of the issues and solutions around M&A transactions
- Industry alignment not necessary, but preferred experience and relationships in one of
- Healthcare & Life Sciences, Financial Services, Software/High-tech, Consumer & Industrial Products
- Ability to exceed an annual revenue target of $2- $4 Million
- 10-15+ years’ experience working in consulting, Corporate Development and/or Business
- Development role, with a proven track record of success
- Experience selling M&A advisory, business or technology services. Experience selling project-based consulting services preferred
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Able to work independently and as a team player in coordinating and driving sales processes
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Aggressive self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Membership and participation in business community associations
- Ability to travel on short notice
West Monroe seeks collaborative, enthusiastic and professional individuals to join our success-driven culture. So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your muscles in a high-energy environment where you own your career, we’d love to hear from you.
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.