Business Development Intern for Health Tech Startup Preventing Cancer
CancerIQ (http://canceriq.com) is a venture-backed digital health company that uses predictive analytics to help doctors understand their patient's risk of getting cancer and dying from cancer. By making it faster and cheaper for providers to order cancer genetic testing and interpret results, we improve patient access to life-saving services that can pre-empt or prevent this devastating disease. We market our solutions nationwide to cancer centers, breast centers and genetics practices, and have grown 10x since emerging from private beta in Spring 2016.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated business development intern to help us expand our company’s funnel of new prospects. You will generate new business opportunities by following proven processes to prospect potential clients. You’ll learn how to identify and research lists of companies to target, and how to use all the resources available to you to generate new business opportunities. You have to be highly organized, love data, and be extra resourceful.
This internship position would be ideal for someone with a strong interest in B2B sales, technology, or healthcare as a career path. You'll be spending a lot of time talking to healthcare professionals, so by the time we're done with you, you'll feel like a doctor! Successful interns will be invited to work with CancerIQ part time during the school year, or join the team full-time.
- Develop strategies to identify and gather additional information on new prospects
- Create and manage outbound prospecting lists that target cancer centers, breast centers, and genetics practices
- Work cooperatively with colleagues in Marketing on a variety of lead generation initiatives, including email marketing, in-person events, and conferences.
- Cold-call healthcare providers to inquire about current problems and determine if CancerIQ is the right fit
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Background in healthcare
- Proficient in Excel, and CRM Applications
- Excellent communication skills, especially via email and over the phone
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Prior successful sales and lead qualification a plus
- Goal-oriented; record of overachievement in previous pursuits
- High energy and great attitude
- Experience setting up prospecting lists, or working for startup companies
- Understanding of genetic testing, breast imaging, or oncology markets
- A background in healthcare writing is ideal, although not necessary.
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge field of genetics and genomics
- Ownership of your projects, contributing meaningful work to the company.
- Work collaboratively with small teams, gaining hands-on, applicable real world experience.
- Laid back work environment, conveniently located in River North
- Become part of a dynamic team of fun, young professionals
- Member of SalesAssembly, where you will have the opportunity to access training and development opportunities, and connect with other sales professionals in the B2B sales sector in Chicago
- Automatic admission to our "above average" co-ed beach volleyball team