Business Development Representative- Enterprise Growth at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Sales team brings our flexible workforce solutions to mid-market and large enterprises to help them adapt to the changing workforce. As a Business Development Representative, you will prospect for new opportunities by phone and email, qualify existing leads, and book sales meetings for the Account Management (AM) teams. You will work closely with a group of lead generation specialists, sales account managers, and marketers.Your Responsibilities:
- Make 60+ outbound calls to connect with a variety of marketing-generated inbound leads and cold outbound prospects to grow usage of the Upwork Enterprise Partnership
- Support the Account Managers by prospecting for new opportunities within their portfolio of current Enterprise Clients; Personalize your outreach to companies to generate leads, and utilizing tools including but not limited to LinkedIn, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, and Upwork’s platform
- Achieve and communicate weekly and monthly commitment targets to senior leadership. Metrics to forecast include: dials per week/month, emails and Inmails per week, connection % per week, meetings booked per week, meetings ran per week, number of accepted meetings by the AMs you support per week
- Ability to tailor messaging via written communication
- A growth mindset and openness to receive constructive feedback
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to prioritize time to meet weekly deadlines
- Proven experience managing a book of business and prioritizing target accounts
- Experience with cold outreach or any outbound activity (LinkedIn messaging, emails, cold calls, outside/in-person selling) and use of technology tools such as Zoom, G-suite, customer relationship management tools, or applicant tracking systems
- Experience collaborating with internal colleagues and external partners throughout an organization
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.