Business Development Representative | Software Sales
Who we are
Origami Risk is a wildly successful provider of integrated SaaS solutions for the risk and insurance industry—from insured corporate and public entities to brokers and risk consultants, insurers, third party claims administrators (TPAs), and risk pools.
Origami Risk delivers a full suite of risk management and insurance core system solutions from a single secure, cloud-based platform. A singular focus on helping clients achieve their business objectives underlies Origami Risk’s approach to developing, implementing, and supporting our technology solutions.
Founded in 2009 by Risk Management Information System (RMIS) industry veterans, over the past decade Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work” and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).
Making a Difference
The Business Development Representative (BDR) sits within the Lead Generation Team which is a part of the overall Origami Sales Operations Team. The core responsibility of the BDR will be to seek new business opportunities by researching and contacting potential leads. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with potential customers. The best candidates will be highly motivated, results driven, and possess a competitive work drive.
- Conduct lead generation campaigns, with target market and timing direction provided by Sales Leadership. This includes:
- Gathering lead information from various sources in order to build target lists for prospecting activities.
- Following a clear process for lead generation using various methods (cold calling, cold emailing, etc.).
- Documenting all activity within the CRM in order to track activity and measure results.
- Making process adjustments as needed based on outcomes.
- Maintain all CRM prospect data to ensure data quality on an ongoing basis, ensuring that all required fields and client demographics are correct and consistently review to see that prospect information is current and accurate in terms of assignments, status, industry, market and other important fields.
- Prepare data for the Monthly Management Reports involving all Inside Sales activities as requested by Sales and Sales Operations leadership.
- Work with Sales Operations leadership and the Sales Operations Analyst to identify gaps in processes, trends in our data or results, and potential improvements.
- Maintain a consistent product-training regimen to stay current with all Origami functionality and value proposition. This could include attendance of client demonstration, training with Sales Operations leadership and/or work with the Origami Service Team.
- Assist Sales and Sales Operations team with other projects or tasks
- Minimum 2 years of business development, sales or inside sales experience
- Must understand how to deliver a compelling message to a business executive and leverage interest they create into an opportunity
- Strong ability to actively listen and determine customer’s needs
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, discipline, attention to detail, high energy and a “can do” attitude, balance multiple tasks
- Ability to understand technology and communicate it’s business value to prospects
- Highly motivated, competitive, self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- High degree of confidence to interact with “C” level executive
US Work Authorization Required
Origami Risk is a drug-free work place. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V