Business Development Representative
Sprout Social is looking for highly driven, outgoing and tech savvy Business Development Representatives with strong business acumen to join our growing Sales Development team. As a Business Development Representative, you will generate new business by prospecting outbound leads.
The Sprout Social sales organization is growing and we’re looking for Business Development Representatives to grow with us. Joining the Sales Development team is an opportunity to fast track your career in sales. Contributing at a high level in the Business Development role will open opportunities to move through our growing organization.
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- Identifies and contacts prospective clients to build the pipeline through a variety of methods including, but not limited to cold-calling, emailing, and mass email campaigns. Approximately 60% of time spent will be on the phones prospecting.
- Achieves department standards for activity that includes:
- Making a minimum number of quality outbound calls per day, of which at least 20% of those calls should result in quality conversations.
- Scheduling a minimum number of new quality discovery calls per week
- Create a professional and engaging first impression with our prospects and customers
- Create, maintain and update database of prospects with complete information and emails.
- Thoroughly qualify all outbound opportunities and collaborate with Account Executives for a smooth customer experience
- Generate new business through outbound prospecting
- Prioritize leads, research prospects and position relevant product features to solve business needs
- Run initial discovery calls to identify customer requirements and expectations in order to make tailored product recommendations
- Manage follow-up with calls-to-action to consistently build a sales pipeline
- Exceed activity and pipeline goals on a monthly basis
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, related field OR equivalent experience
- 1+ years of relevant experience in B2B sales - client facing, consulting or marketing
- SaaS experience preferred
- Driven to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in time management, setting priorities, and taking initiative
- Track record of overachieving against defined metrics
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email, and webinar
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Understand and apply effective business development strategies and techniques
- A passion for building new business
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM platform
- Willingness to work in a collaborative work environment
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members