Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic and social opportunities worldwide. Every year, almost $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who prefer the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? That’s the future of work. Come help us build it.
Upwork is voted #1 place to work in Chicago! - 2019
The Upwork Sales team brings our flexible workforce solutions to mid-market and large enterprises to help them adapt to the changing workforce. As a Business Development Representative, you will prospect for new business by phone and email, qualify existing leads, and book sales meetings for the Account Executive teams. You would work closely with a group of lead gen specialists, sales account executives (AEs), and marketers. This position offers advancement opportunities and is an excellent way to build a career in sales.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Make outbound calls to connect with marketing-generated inbound leads
- Identify Enterprise opportunities within current book of business
- Be responsible for monthly critical metrics to drive quarterly and yearly business objectives
- Provide weekly forecasts to your sales leadership
How to really knock our socks off:
- You have 1-3 year of sales, human resources, or staffing experience
- You have successfully owned and grown an account base in a revenue quota carrying role
- You are an excellent communicator, writer, and articulate over the phone
- Knowledge of the Upwork platforms
- A quick dialing finger, experience with cold calling
- A strategic & creative mindset
- Proficiency with CRM & prospecting tools, e.g. SFDC, Salesloft, Zoominfo, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- A basic understanding of two-sided marketplaces and Enterprise SaaS products
- You possess the drive and time management skills to maintain a high volume of daily outbound calls and emails to multiple audiences for multiple product lines and multiple campaigns
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.