Carrier Development Representative at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places ToWork” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
You are looking for you next position as a Carrier Development Representative, you will play a vital role in the growth of our carrier network. You will partner with Customer Implementation and Network Strategy teams to identify and proactively engage carriers to join the project44 network. You will also partner with our Carrier Connection team to prioritize partners coming onto our network. This role may encompass research, cold calling, time management, pipeline development, and requires highly-proficient communication and collaboration skills.
What you’ll be working on:
1) Carrier Research & Lead Generation:
- Achieve quarterly lead generation and conversion goals for new carriers set by management
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all activity throughout the cycle in Salesforce.com, as appropriate
- Maintain strong relationship with Carrier Onboarding and Product teams to cultivate an accurate, up-to-date, and strategic target list for carriers to onboard
2) Network Growth:
- Proactively call into potential network partners
- Develop and maintain strategy to incentivize carriers to join the network
- Stay current on industry trends and maintain knowledge of competitive landscape
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the value of the network effect for carriers
3) Internal Planning & Communication:
- Facilitate communication between Product, Customer Implementation, and Sales, particularly to ensure the appropriate prioritization and focus on carrier onboarding
- Continually improve the quality of the carrier database by updating records to ensure accurate account and contact information
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Experience as a Lead Development Representative, Sales Development Representative or field sales.
- Experience in the transportation industry
- SaaS experience is preferred
- Ability to penetrate accounts
- Understanding of consultative sales process
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong research skills
- Experience using a CRM - Salesforce.com is a plus
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.