Client Account Executive at Morningstar
The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our advisor and institutional clients build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors. The group is structured primarily along the following client segments: Advisor and Asset Management.
The Role: Morningstar's Advisor Solutions unit is creating a new client-facing sales team that will be focused on enhancing our clients’ overall experience and driving value that leads to upsells, expansion into other areas of an account, and customer satisfaction. We are looking for a high energy, enthusiastic sales-minded individual to join this new sales-focused Client Account Executive team based in Chicago. We are looking for someone who is motivated, goal-oriented, results-driven, and inspired to manage a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek expansion opportunities to grow overall client revenue. This is a quota-carrying role where you will make a visible impact within our organization. This is a true career opportunity with tremendous professional and financial upside. Success in this role will require performance management to drive both client and company results, industry expertise and acumen, and the ability to thrive in a high growth and fast paced company environment. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Act as the primary point of contact and business partner for a dedicated portfolio of Morningstar’s advisor and institutional clients via in-person meetings, phone and/or email.
- Identify growth opportunities regionally to expand existing user base within portfolio of accounts.
- Achieve sales and retention goals measured quarterly while providing excellent service to clients.
- Conduct client demonstration sessions designed to highlight how Morningstar’s software and data solutions addresses the needs of the account and individual end users with a consultative approach.
- Work collaboratively with a designated Business Development Executive(s) and Customer Success Manager(s) to strategize on account retention and growth opportunities.
- Go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction with quarterly business reviews and continual product education.
- Efficiently and thoroughly manage your pipeline and oversee the end to end sales cycle.
- Have 3+ years of consistent achievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Possess the drive and willingness to exceed expectations with a strong work ethic.
- Pursue a consultative selling approach and strong interpersonal, relationship management skills.
- Engage in strategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with members on your team through collaboration and sharing of learned insights.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Should be familiar with and interested in financial markets or services, particularly investing.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales or account management experience.