CoEE Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Center of Excellence Engineering Team supports our network of Channel Partners in designing solutions for their customers. The CoEE Team is the conduit for Channel Partners to obtain help in generating proposals, including equipment lists, proposal text and coverage studies . CoEE develops and maintains tools to enable quick turn proposals to be generated for a variety of system types.
Our Company has an outstanding track record of success and strives to build long term relationships with our customers. Customer satisfaction is given great emphasis and we strive to build a trusted advisor relationship with every customer.
The customer team comprises Sales, Project Management, System Engineering and System Technologist personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
Many of our systems are designed around the APCO Project 25 communications standard. With the growth of data services some of our customer’s mobile wireless networks are being enhanced with LTE infrastructure for applications such as live mobile video transmission supplementing our traditional core voice and narrowband data networks.
The System Engineer will take responsibility for and oversee all technical aspects, along with a senior engineer, of assigned project from award until system acceptance.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
The Pre-Sales Engineer is the architect and owner of solution design. This includes development, design, evaluation, and modification of system solutions and architecture to meet customer requirements. This includes:
- Equipment list generation
- Description of system design, including diagrams
- Understanding customer requirements
- Radio Coverage design and analysis
- Calculation of power and networking requirements
- Participation in proposal reviews and contract negotiations
- Consultative guidance to customers and sales team
- Presentations to customers
Specific Knowledge/Skills The ideal candidate has the following skills and capabilities:
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail and a flawless execution mindset
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with different deadlines
- Experience with Google Suite Platform (Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc)
- Experience with Google Scripts is highly desirable
- General knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures - both public and private (e.g. APCO P25, LTE, 802.11, 3G/4G) is highly desirable
- General knowledge of IP networking architecture, protocols and security is highly desirable
- Knowledge of RF coverage predictions, traffic/capacity modeling, and related toolsets
- Willingness to travel: 10%
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Cyber Security, Networking, IT or Computer Science
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.