Morningstar, Inc., a leading global provider of independent investment research, is looking for an experienced money manager data sales individual to serve in Morningstar’s Index market data business. The Index business is responsible for the creation and distribution of Morningstar’s Index Intellectual Property. The group develops new, innovative indexes for use by asset managers and asset owners in serving their clients investment needs.
Morningstar Indexes Team seeks a highly motivated Money Manager Data Sales Director focused on aggressively growing a book of assigned clients and prospects in the Asset Manager, Market Maker, Hedge Fund and Bank/Broker Dealer client segments. You will represent Morningstar’s suite of Index data products and will work with Generalist Sales on opportunities for Index Market Data solutions. Because this role covers a wide range of opportunities, it will require approximately 25-50% travel. This position will be based in Chicago.
• Exceed revenue targets.
• Forecast and proactively uncover short term and long-term strategic sales opportunities with clients and prospects.
• Proactively collaborate with Index Client Services and Product teams to determine optimal solutions for sales opportunities.
•Document daily activities in CRM system.
• Master product demonstrations and knowledge of product capabilities and benefits.
• Establish and build key client relationships individually and with the generalist sales team.
• Candidates should have at least five (5) years of sales and account management experience in the investment index industry.
• Proven track record of exceeding prior annual sales targets.
• Ability to build long-term client relationships with executive and senior leadership within an assigned book of business through a hands-on, collaborative, organized approach.
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations.
• Ability to understand complex investment concepts.
• A bachelor’s degree required; MBA or CFA a plus.