Deal Desk Analyst
project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
The Deal Desk Analyst will support project44 by accelerating deal velocity while enforcing sound business process control. As a Deal Desk Analyst, you will perform deal construction & analysis, secure appropriate resources to increase deal size, reduce the need for discounting, and maximize profitability. The Deal Desk Analyst will be responsible for driving enhancements to the quote and contract process and policies to increase business velocity and improve operational efficiencies. The analyst will work closely with Sales, Finance, Legal, Operations and Product Marketing, and play a critical role in sales order management for all projects arriving through the sales pipeline.
The Deal Desk Analyst is responsible for the management of the overall analysis of standard and complex deals including discounting, deal structure, business terms and identification of potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth and strategic positioning. Be a go to person on all pricing matters and advise sales staff on appropriate pricing strategies and actions. Identify process improvements, automate where possible and integrate workflows with existing programs for continuous improvement and business process re-engineering. Produce standard dashboards, operational reports and analysis of deal characteristics. As a Deal Desk Analyst you will also perform data quality management activities to ensure high data integrity of View’s sales funnel.
We seek a self-starter that is detail oriented, displays excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys the challenges of working in a dynamic and collaborative environment. The Deal Desk Analyst will report to the Sales Operations Manager and will be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations.
- Assist with complex deal creation, beginning with the proposal, through the entire deal process.
- Review and approve all deals that pass through the organization.
- Provide and manage “standard deal” parameters and tools that the sales organization can leverage.
- Interpret contractual language
- Measure, monitor, and report select performance metrics
- Serve as the point of contact for contract negotiations and internal deal issue resolution on behalf of the sales organization.
- Reduce cycle time of a deal from opportunity to execution.
- Allow the sales organization to focus on selling, giving them the opportunity to find and close more deals.
- Monitor and enforce CRM data integrity with relevant sales opportunities in support of the overall sales process
- Assist in generating top-down/bottom-up forecasting for sales and manufacturing
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of revenue recognition, contract management and deal structure
- Experience in technology companies with deal desk, contract management or financing functions.
- Demonstrated ability enabling Sales teams to win business.
- Must be highly analytical, with sound decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented, accurate and organized
- Experience in building tools, modeling frameworks, work flow management & control capabilities to drive sales autonomy on standard deals, and controls for complex non-standard deals.
- Results oriented, passionate and demonstrates a bias to action.
- Ability to lead others to make correct decisions. Sets appropriate expectations and holds people accountable.
- Business savvy; understands and has a proven track record in building rapport across all corporate functions to lead to sound financial revenue driven decisions that are both profitable and provide minimal risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and produce quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous hands-on experience with CRM (Salesforce.com) is highly preferred