Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With recent advancements in AI, that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare company at the forefront of that change.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate sources to power innovation and discovery. And now we are looking for a Director of Alliance Management to join our rapidly growing Life Sciences team. This role would focus on establishing and building partnerships with pharmaceutical companies while driving revenues across all product/service lines (data, testing, & patient recruitment support).
Director of Alliance Management
The Director of Alliance Management is responsible for cultivating and growing Tempus partnerships with life science companies to support them in advancing their research and clinical programs using Tempus products. The Alliance Management professional is dedicated to ensuring the customer’s voice is always at the forefront of how Tempus can add value to the partner’s important work and, in the process, speed the delivery of care to patients.
- Serve as a key point of contact for portfolio of products/projects being executed, ensuring client satisfaction and ability for continued growth of Tempus business
- Coordinate internal efforts to ensure that client goals are achieved, including (but not limited to) partnering with analytical teams to ensure that project objectives are seamlessly executed
- Evolve and grow client relationships - working closely with Business Development, Operations, and other subject matter experts - bringing forward approaches where Tempus products and services can be leveraged and innovated to better meet client needs
- Drive and manage an ongoing portfolio of work; including (but not limited to) - account meetings, business reviews, and external committee meetings in coordination with internal subject matter experts
- Leverage provisioned client data cohorts to draft publication style abstracts to better guide scientifically founded discussions with clients and continue to represent the voice of the customer internally with regards to data model, data quality, etc.
- Anticipate and regularly consider challenge points and opportunities for project acceleration; communicate findings/suggestions to internal and external stakeholders
- Measure and improve health of the relationship with a strong focus on customer needs and customer satisfaction
- Research structure, people, strategy, pipeline, behaviors, communication style and decision-making processes within strategic life science partners to ensure optimal partnership engagement; research includes M&A activity, therapy approvals/denials, etc.
- Develop, manage, and expand relationships with senior stakeholders in partner organizations, maintaining a high level of contact
Experience & Qualifications
- MD or Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in biostatistics, bioinformatics, immunology, computational biology, statistics, computer science, or related field, or 5+ years experience working with genomic and/or clinical data in cancer
- Experience working closely with Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechnology companies and Contract Research Organizations to design and implement research programs
- 5+ years experience working with clinical cancer data (progression free vs overall survival, clinical trial design, data imputation and managing missing variable bias, etc)
- Track record of up-selling and growing accounts
- Excellent project management skills: defining research questions, writing scientific roadmaps, tracking progress against those roadmaps, aligning scientific results with business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborative mindset, an eagerness to learn and a high integrity work ethic
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing, diverse, and matrix environment
- Fluency in R or python and/or other programming languages
- Excellent process and project management skills required including the ability to manage a significant volume of projects with exercise of good triage and judgement skills
- Familiarity with standard bioinformatics pipelines
- Familiarity with the oncology pharmaceutical landscape