Director of Alliance Management at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With recent advancements in AI, that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare company at the forefront of that change.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate sources to power innovation and discovery. And now we are looking for a Director of Alliance Management to join our rapidly growing Life Sciences team. This role would focus on establishing and building partnerships with pharmaceutical companies while driving revenues across all product/service lines (data, testing, & patient recruitment support).
Director of Alliance Management - Life Sciences
The Director of Alliance Management is responsible for cultivating and growing Tempus partnerships with life science companies to support them in advancing their research and clinical programs using Tempus products. The Alliance Management professional is dedicated to ensuring the customer’s voice is always at the forefront of how Tempus can add value to the partner’s important work and, in the process, speed the delivery of care to patients.
- Take a long-term view of the partnership to drive deep, enterprise-wide relationships with our partners to assist them in deriving the maximum benefit out of Tempus products/services
- Organize and execute client’s data provisioning operations in collaboration with internal partners
- Identify risks to data provisioning operations and work with internal partners to resolve issues
- Provide operational and high level scientific support on areas of high need for individual clients
- Serve as a key point of contact in managing day-to-day focus on portfolio of products/projects being executed ensuring customer satisfaction and ability for continued growth of Tempus business
- Become an expert in the partner’s pipeline and portfolio to proactively determine areas that all Tempus products could be leveraged for advancing innovation (working closely with Business Development, Operations, other team members)
- Understand the problems that partners need to solve and work closely with Business Development and internal Tempus teams to create proposals of how Tempus can assist in solving those problems
- Chair cross-functional working groups with partners and joint steering committees
- Assess need for engagement of Tempus subject matter experts across all product areas in coordination with Business Development and Operations
- Research structure, people, strategy, pipeline, behaviors, communication style and decision-making processes within strategic life science partners to ensure optimal partnership engagement; research includes M&A activity, therapy approvals/denials, etc.
- Develop, manage, and expand relationships with senior stakeholders in partner organizations maintaining a high level of in person contact
- Develop a clear understanding of all contracts relevant to partnership and work with Operations team to ensure flawless execution
- Proactively identify and raise issues; act as a point of internal and joint escalation; develop and provide recommendations for resolutions
- Lead planning and execution of appropriate face-to-face partner meetings in coordination with cross-functional teams
- Lead account health progress checks internally, coordinating across diverse Business Development activities, varying proposals/projects, etc.
- Serve as the champion for the partnership’s strategic intent, managing partnership expansion opportunities and executing efforts to ensure the partnership realizes its long-term potential
- Travel approximately 40% of working time, domestically and internationally
- Other duties as assigned
- Entrepreneurial business approach; thrives in a high growth, rapidly evolving business environment
- Proactive mindset that can operationalize implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Advanced understanding of translational research and discovery and clinical development at pharmaceutical companies
- Advanced understanding of biology and therapeutic interventions in Oncology
- Proven ability to navigate multi-faceted client organizations with repeated success
- Ability to set strategies/tactics that are aggressive, but realizable
- Exceptional account management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate a wide range of stakeholders to solve problems
- Minimum 5+ years in data partnerships/alliance management/client service/customer success/serving Life Sciences sector (Pharma / Biotech)
- Preferably 3+ years working with companies who serviced Life Sciences companies in Research & Development and/or Real Word Data
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MD, PhD, or Healthcare certification) desired