Director of Business Development, Corporate and Financial Institution Ratings
The Area: Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is a nationally recognized statistical rating organization (NRSRO) that has earned a reputation for innovation and excellence. Our goal is to help institutional investors identify and understand credit risk. Our analytical approach stresses transparency of the ratings process, strong fundamental credit analysis, and comprehensive investor-focused analysis that provides a concise Morningstar perspective on credit risk.
The Role: Morningstar seeks a highly-motivated business development professional who will be responsible for growing Morningstar’s corporate and financial Institutions ratings business by leveraging their market knowledge, industry contacts, and business development skills to identify and develop ratings opportunities. This individual will cultivate and manage relationships with issuers, bankers, and arrangers to ensure ongoing growth in Morningstar’s corporate and financial institutions ratings business. This position will require active interaction with market participants, building awareness of Morningstar’s ratings business, methodologies, and research.
• Grow corporate, financial institutions, and REIT ratings business by ensuring that Morningstar’s ratings capabilities and thought leadership are well known and understood among issuers, bankers and arrangers.
• Developing and cultivating relationships with key market participants including issuers, arrangers, bankers, and other parties who play a role in the securitization process.
• Promote ratings business with bank trading desks and research departments.
• Increasing support for Morningstar ratings by coordinating and managing meetings between Morningstar ratings analysts and key market participants.
• Work with Sr. management and legal group on negotiation of fee arrangements and preparation of required legal engagement documents.
• Conduct reviews of preliminary and post-rating execution with issuers and arrangers to ensure quality execution by the ratings team.
• Communicate feedback from issuers and arrangers to analytical leadership, facilitating improvement in the analytical process and the analytical research products.
• Schedule and conduct client and prospect meetings at industry events.
• Promote investor outreach effort and success with issuers to ensure understanding of growing market acceptance or Morningstar Credit Ratings.
• Develop leadership role within trade organizations, attend and participate in industry trade shows and events, promote Morningstar Credit Ratings participation in conferences and other speaking opportunities, workshops, and educational events.
• Prepare and present regular management updates highlighting activity and progress.
• Strong working knowledge of corporate and financial institution debt market.
• Strong issuer and banker contacts in corporate, financial institutions, and REIT markets.
• Demonstrated success in a revenue producing business development role.
• Minimum of 5 plus years experience in corporate and financial institutions industry.
• Credit Rating Agency experience a plus.
• Strong communication and client-facing presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously.
• Must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast-paced and results driven environment.
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in finance related major preferred.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
027_RealpointLLC Morningstar Credit Ratings LLC Legal Entity