Director, Business Development - Healthcare New Markets (New Logo Sales)
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
IMO’s New Markets Team is a newly created team and designed as the ‘growth engine’ for IMO’s clinical interface technology and analytics solutions. The New Markets Team focuses on the development and acquisition of new business for IMO across the broader healthcare ecosystem including Healthcare Payers, Life Sciences/Pharma, Clinical Data Registries, HIE’s, and other enterprise IT organizations.
Our New Markets Team is hiring a dynamic Director, Business Development to join our entrepreneurial team working across a vast US territory.
Reporting to the VP, Business Development – New Markets, the Director, Business Development will be an individual contributor with a strong ‘hunter’ mentality executing a consultative sales process from opportunity identification through close.
- Meet/exceed annual sales targets for IMO’s solutions and services
- Execute the business’ go-to-market strategy at a regional level
- Understand the value add of IMO’s products in relationship to prospect needs, requirements and timelines; lead with a consultative approach with clients to determine problem areas and assess what is needed to help
- Develop and critically analyze a sales pipeline by identifying, filtering, negotiating, and launching new relationships in the target geography and vertical markets
- Consult, negotiate, and close first sales contracts for new vendors/customers while feeding the pipeline for up-sale opportunities
- Develop multi-year deals to align with client needs by thinking through deal structure from start to finish, including pricing
- Work closely with internal team members to align offerings, further develop use cases, and negotiate revenue generating contracts with the goal of establishing IMO as a trusted partner in Healthcare terminology and insights
- Provide reporting through Salesforce to show impact of opportunity position within your business unit
- Represent IMO at vendor-specific tradeshows and market tradeshows
- 10+ years of proven business development success selling complex Healthcare or Healthcare IT SaaS products and services, understanding the needs and language of the customer
- Defined track record of establishing successful partnerships and bringing a new product to market
- Successful track record achieving or exceeding annual quota SaaS and/or enterprise software solutions attainment and subscription metrics
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to listen and present with a high degree of comfort and credibility to the C-Suite
- Strong team player and collaborator, with robust interpersonal skills that consistently foster positive working relationships within the sales team and beyond
- Ability to develop and critically analyze a sales pipeline, forecast, and report on relevant metrics using Salesforce and related tools
- Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 40% of the time (*no travel currently)
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Read Full Job Description