Director Business Development at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we’re on track to be the most successful acquisition in Cisco’s history (and certainly the most fun). When we’re not working hard, we’re playing hard - dodging nerf darts, petting our office dogs, snacking on coconut chips, or gearing up for the next company happy hour. Our office makes working here pretty awesome too – headquartered in sunny Mission Bay, we’re a short walk to Giants games, breweries, and great food. But what truly makes Meraki special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, challenging, and rewarding.What you will do:
- Coach and enable your first line managers to grow as leaders and hold them accountable for results (sales achievement and people development).
- Invest in recruiting and growing the best early in career talent, set employees up for a great onboarding experience, and provide candid feedback for continuous development.
- Build and drive territory strategy and priorities and communicate them clearly with your teams. Continuously optimize our sales methodology and share best practices to improve efficiency and focus, enable greater scale, and yield better results.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve results (channel, field sales, systems engineering, marketing, cisco sales leaders, etc.) with an emphasis on Sales and Marketing Operations.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement and People Operations to develop and execute individual and group training opportunities, identify development needs, and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Lead weekly business reviews and forecast activities to achieve sales goals and hold individuals accountable for outcomes.
- Use metrics and data to continually assess both sales performance and talent performance/retention to fully understand underlying drivers.
- You communicate broadly and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures.
- Career Champion. You invest in your team’s growth and development.
- Disagree, Decide, and Commit. You listen to understand different opinions and allow them to influence the direction.
- Get Results. You are resilient, optimistic, and passionate about our business results while never compromising customer, partner, and team relationships.
- You commit to earning our team’s trust every day through your actions and transparency.
- BA/BS or higher with equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of sales/relationship management experience in B2B sales, operations, or similar environment.
- 2+ years of experience in team management or leadership.
- Proven interpersonal and project management capabilities with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with shifting priorities and varying deadlines.
- A deep understanding and curiosity about networking technology, software, or IT.
- Quarterly travel required once applicable.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.