Director of Business Development
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 75,000 today to millions.
Over the past couple of years, the buzz around our platform has been growing. On the sales team especially, there is a sense of urgency to capitalize on that goodwill. To excel here, you’ll need to be a driven, self-motivated person who can produce great work, quickly.
We are currently seeking a Business Development leader to oversee ActiveCampaign’s SDR (inbound) and BDR (outbound) sales teams. These are high energy, high volume teams who are responsible for driving leads, qualifying opportunities, and setting meetings. This person will focus on sales strategy, coaching our SDR/BDR managers and their teams, and will report into the SVP of Sales.
What your day could consist of:
- Lead and continuously develop multiple SDR and BDR sales managers
- Utilize data to implement strategies and processes that will improve overall performance
- Ensure teams are achieving their objectives of finding and qualifying opportunities to pass to the AE teams
- Maintain a lively, fun, healthily competitive team environment that is focused on results
What you'll need:
- Experience leading multiple sales teams; previous experience managing managers is preferred
- Proven success selling in a SaaS environment with a consultative approach
- Knowledge of the MarTech space preferred
- Passion for sales and developing high performing sales teams
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a fast-paced, complex, and collaborative environment
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description