Morningstar's products transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed tools that delight our clients. The product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Customer Success group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
Morningstar is looking for an experienced professional to join our Sales and Services team. The Director of Customer Success Operations partners with the Global Head of Customer Success to define processes and operational excellence for the CSM organization. This role operationalizes our CSM strategy, process, and Success Platform to grow and scale the Success organization. This is a highly visible role within Success, as your interactions will touch key leaders of all CS functions. Working cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to craft holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Morningstar's long-range goals. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator, partners across multiple internal teams, can coordinate operations across a global team, and is focused on execution.
- Success Process: Design and manage the key business processes of Customer Success, including Onboarding, Value Realization/Adoption, and Renewal/Expansion
- Reporting: Monitor the effectiveness of the processes and look for new ways to drive efficiency
- Analysis: Act as the business analyst and process owner for technology implementations while partnering with the Corporate Systems team
- Success Technology: Administer, configure, and maintain Morningstar's Customer Success platform (e.g. Gainsight, ChurnZero, Catalyst)
- Alignment: Collaborate with Success leaders to drive effective cross-functional and cross-collaboration alignment to deliver Success-wide outcomes (eg Cost to serve coverage models, customer segmentation modeling and scale, Success Bookings pacing and trends)
- 7+ years operating in a SaaS oriented Customer Success function (as outlined above), sales/business operations
- 4+ years CSM/Sales tool experience - Salesforce required; experience in CS platforms such as Gainsight, ChurnZero, ClientSuccess, Catalyst is highly desirable
- Strategy and Operations experience
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to understand business requirements and translate them to effective use of applications
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Clear communicator with excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Strong project management and task organization skills with the ability to manage projects to a deadline
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity