Director, Digital Manufacturing Solutions at Fast Radius
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:55 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 29, 2021
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
As a Director of Digital Manufacturing Solutions, you will build a channel to incubate the highest potential opportunities for our Enterprise Sales team. You will define a new set of services to deliver value throughout our entire customers’ Product Development and Sourcing organization. These services could include comprehensive spend and supply chain performance diagnostics, design to cost workshops, product development timeline assessments, etc. You will orchestrate resources across our customers and our engineering teams to deliver these services. We are looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, and solving problems with limited oversight. Ideal candidates have led management consulting engagement for engineering and sourcing departments of Fortune500 product companies.
About the Role:
- Partner with Business Development to develop a potential solution offerings to originate >$1m opportunities for the Enterprise Sales team
- Partner with the research team to test solution offering with potential customers
- Prioritize offerings and build a roadmap for design and deployment
- Develop assets to market and deliver solution offerings to customers
- Join customer meetings with Business Development and Enterprise Sales to actively capture opportunities to deploy solutions to our customers
- Manage multiple concurrent teams of customer and Fast Radius resources to deliver solutions to customers
- Partner with the product team to build enable the delivery of solutions with software
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers throughout the delivery of the solutions and build strong relationships at all levels across the client organization
- Develop a deep understanding of each client’s business, strategy, and priorities; leverage this knowledge and your business acumen to identify untapped opportunities to work with Fast Radius
- Partner with Enterprise Sales and Business Development to identify further opportunities for impact after completion of a first solution at a customer
- BA/BS required, preferably in a technical field
- 7-10 years of total professional experience; 3-4 years experience in management consulting (Engagement Manager equivalent or more), with extensive product development and sourcing project work
- Experience leading professional services engagements or managing and overseeing multiple high-visibility, high-stakes projects
- Strong organizational and project management capabilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with keen attention to detail.
- Credible customer presence, capable of stepping into a trusted advisor role.
- Data-driven, analytically oriented, with a commitment to process improvement.
- Reliable and accountable, delighting customers with above-and-beyond follow-through.
- Proactive, taking the initiative to get things done on behalf of clients.
- Ability to seamlessly work across functional and organizational boundaries, and reputation for influencing others and earning trust across levels and organizations
- Proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion of large-scale projects
- 2-3 years of experience in product development and sourcing at companies making physical products
- Bachelor in Engineering or experience with manufacturing technologies such as CNC machining and injection molding
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description