Director, Enterprise Sales
Sprout Social is used by over 20,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. As the Director of Enterprise Sales you will lead a team of approximately 5-6 field sales Account Executives.
We need an energetic and driven individual who has a strong command of B2B SaaS leadership and sales experience. You should be a data driven and analytical sales leader with a proven track record of managing Enterprise sales teams. You must be driven on meeting (and exceeding) revenue, operational and strategic goals as well as fostering the professional growth, development and success of your team members. You will spend the majority of your time coaching, counseling and mentoring your team in all aspects of sales and effectiveness. You will also provide timely and practical feedback to senior leadership for new and interesting go-to-market strategies. You will report to and work closely with our VP of Enterprise Sales.
- Consistent and measurable track record of success that you can easily speak to and highlight – both as an individual salesperson, and as a manager within a sales organization
- Deep understanding of complex enterprise SaaS sales solutions
- Demonstrated passion for coaching, mentoring, and empowering others
- Easily builds authentic relationships and collaborates closely with teammates
- Proven success demonstrating consultative closing techniques
- Data-centric decision making
- Experience building relationships, presenting and selling to C-suite level decision makers across multiple functions.
- Accurately forecasts and manages team pipeline on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Experience hiring, training and developing top sales talent
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the VP of Enterprise Sales to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Learn the relevant customer stories and case studies to justify your value propositions with real ROI examples from the field.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales & Customer Success organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Begin coaching and mentoring team with call shadowing and role plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Assist in negotiations and deal strategy.
- Create an early concept of future plan for your team and begin prioritizing.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross departmental relationships with Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Marketing, and Product teams.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the Sales & Customer Success organization and help others grow from your experiences.
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to revenue targets and team productivity.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly pipeline and revenue targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against the long term plan for you team.
- Promote members on your team and begin creating a bench of new talent.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!