The Role: We're looking for an experienced operations professional to join our Mid-Market Sales team. The Director of Mid-Market Sales Operations partners with the Head of Mid-Market Sales, Sales Excellence and our Global Sales Organization to define processes and metrics for the Mid-Market Sales organization. You will use data and technology to support sales, diagnose issues, and design more effective programs and activities. You will work with the broader Sales Excellence team to operationalize our sales strategy, define the right sales KPIs, and make strategic choices that help the team achieve their goals. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator, partners across multiple internal teams, is able to coordinate operations across a global team and is focused on execution. This position is based in Chicago.
- Uses data and technology to support sales operations, diagnose issues, and design more effective programs and activities.
- Operationalizes the Head of Mid-Market Sales' strategy.
- Defines processes and metrics for the management team and the various sales teams within in Mid-Market Sales.
- Defines the right KPIs, sales activities and makes strategic choices that help the team achieve their goals.
- Ensures that the tools, programs, and the team are as efficient and effective as possible and addresses issues in a way that is beneficial to GTM as a whole.
- Operationalizes differentiated engagement models by sales stage.
- Creates quarterly/monthly/weekly reporting cadence for all Sales KPIs and OKRs.
- Ensures customer, business and engagement requirements are designed and managed to be executed at scale and are replicable.
- Partners with marketing and success teams to leverage sales metrics, data and insight to generate leads, and to create successful marketing campaigns and identify top existing clients for upsell opportunities.
- Partners with the Head of Mid-Market Sales to establish a process for recruiting, hiring, onboarding and developing sales talent in a globally consistent, scalable and replicable system.
- Partners with the Mid-Market Sales management team to develop compensation and success measures/KPIs.
- Program manages all sales enablement initiatives, including providing materials and data that help sales reps work more effectively.
- Ensures that business, customer and engagement requirements are managed to execute for scale. Simplifies process design procedures by increasing automation and efficiency.
- Enables differentiated customer journeys through management of technology such as knowledge and communities.
- Collaborates with Sales Excellence and Operations to architect and build Salesforce configurations for Mid-Market Sales success.
- Supports overall Systems/Platform business requirements to enable enhanced efficiencies in sales process.
- Partners with internal teams to design, build and implement the learning and support functionality provide by Salesforce.
- Drives the strategy and execution of a scaled knowledge management program to benefit clients and employees.
- Deploys the 1: Many approach for thought leadership, training, and engagement opportunities
- 7+ years of sales/service/operations experience.
- 5 + years of people management and/or leadership experience in sales/service/operations.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate large team.
- Proven operations experience with technical aptitude to identify and implement workflow efficiency improvements.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work effectively with external clients as well as internally with peers, senior and executive management.
- Highly skilled at analytical thinking, organizational and business planning.
- Proven ability to effectively work cross functionally.
- Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Morningstar data, research and software is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA is preferred.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity