Director, Global Solution Sales Strategy, Planning & Operations at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Global Solution Sales Strategy, Planning & Operations
ServiceNow is experiencing tremendous growth through the market acceptance of our cloud-based Enterprise Service Management offering. We are seeking a proven & experienced professional to lead a new cross-functional sales strategy, planning and operations function within our Solution Sales Strategy, Planning and Operations team. You will work closely with peer sales strategy and planning leaders (spanning multiple lines of business) to set business strategy, lead sales planning, establish and execute a consistent operational cadence, and generate business insights. You will bring structure and sustainable, scalable processes to support sales growth and ensure x-functional alignment.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading organizations in a rapid growth phase; establishing and refining strategy, planning and operational capabilities in a global sales organization; improving sales processes and tools; and partnering with sales and functional stakeholders at all levels to achieve business priorities.
What you get to do in this role:
- Inspire, lead and develop a small, high performing direct plus matrixed team
- Partner with senior sales leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to shape GTM strategy and build actionable plans to capture opportunities
- Lead an integrated strategy & planning function spanning all Solutions lines of business ensuring alignment with peer leaders and all key stakeholders
- Establish and execute a proactive operational cadence to ensure the health of the Solution Sales business (forecasting, pipeline, KPIs, business reviews, etc.)
- Own annual planning activities including org structure, revenue growth projections, headcount, territory/quota setting and coverage evolution
- Lead various complex cross-functional initiatives aimed at driving growth, increasing productivity and/or more efficiently scaling the business
- Build organization capabilities to provide actionable insights into business drivers, identify areas of opportunity or risk, and drive critical business decisions
- Lead efforts to define, build and improve sales processes, tools and policy
- Collaborate with peer leaders to establish best practices, foster knowledge sharing & skills development across the organization
- Produce presentations to brief & influence senior stakeholders
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8+ years sales strategy, sales ops, consulting and/or highly related experience
- Experience building, managing & coaching high performing teams
- Sound business acumen; deep knowledge of sales & GTM strategy
- Keen structured problem-solving and analytical abilities; able to frame a business problem, analyze options and provide recommendations
- Adept at building trusted relationships and influencing at all levels
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner for exec audiences
- Experience challenging the status quo and setting new strategic & operational direction based on fact-based, data-driven analysis
- Sharp operational mindset; skilled at building processes to scale
- Superb analytical skills; able to translate data into actionable insights
- Demonstrated skills in business transformation, collaborating in a matrixed environment and leading large-scale programs
- Self-motivated with an ability to manage multiple concurrent initiatives
- You are a continuous learner, enjoy taking on new challenges and are comfortable handling ambiguity
- You love winning as a team and always have your teammate’s back
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA/advanced degree preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.