Enablement Specialist, Sales Coach at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, resourceful, and empathetic Field Sales Coach to join our growing Sales Enablement team. This role will be expected to support our North American sales teams by providing training and coaching support to their organizations.
Our ideal candidate understands the value Sales Enablement plays in delivering scalable training that can lead to high performing sales teams. You have a strong understanding of (and familiarity with) the B2B sales process and understand the SaaS-based sales motion. In addition, you have experience and confidence in working with senior sales leaders and identifying strategic high-impact opportunities for training.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Sales Enablement and have the opportunity to interact with a variety of teams in the Sales Development, Business Development, New Business Sales, and Growth Sales organizations.
You will be responsible for executing field-based learning programs, directly coaching reps in simulated practice and live environments, contributing to and developing training that can be delivered to small sales teams, and acting as a voice of the field for the people that you support when it comes to training and content development. You will partner directly with first, second and third-line managers to assist in the skills development of their teams.
You have previous experience in selling roles where you excelled and you possess a genuine desire to help others succeed. You understand the role of a coach and have a passion for helping others while recognizing that you are driving sales teams to achieve the broader strategic goals of the business. You love working with Sales teams and watching individuals develop their talent and skills to progress to their next role.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Proven track record of excellence in B2B / SaaS Sales roles - President’s Club, MVP, over attainment of quota are desired (4+ years)
- Demonstrated passion for enabling and helping others within the Sales Development, Business Development, New Business Sales, and Growth Sales organizations
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience working with sales leaders and sales representatives in understanding their needs for high quality, effective sales assets
- Familiarity with project management and JIRA (or other project management tool) is a plus
- Sandler certification is a plus
Within 1 month, you will...
- Attend Sprout Social onboarding to learn the ins and outs of the product and better understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Get to know your fellow teammates in the Sales Enablement organization and meet with key stakeholders across Sales to understand current working relationships, including Director and Manager level sales leaders.
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s brand, values and processes
- Begin to familiarize yourself with how we sell at Sprout - interview sales reps, listen to Gong calls, and begin to attend sales team meeting where appropriate
- Begin to understand our core sales methodology - Sandler
- Begin to understand Sprout’s core differentiators in the competitive marketplace
Within 3 months, you will…
- Successfully completed Sprout Social onboarding
- Partner with peer mentors and coach new hires in simulated and live environments as they transition from their onboarding program into client-facing interactions
- Regularly collaborates with Sales leaders to define clear measures of success for the training initiatives that are being delivered
- Collaborate with the Enablement team to design, implement, and operationalize required enablement programs via e-learning modules or classroom-based sessions
- Begin developing and facilitating training sessions based on the highest priority and needs identified within each respective Sales organization – which include but are not limited to: sales methodology, sales tools and systems, opportunity management, sales messaging and presentations, product readiness, close plans, and partnering with CS
Within 6 months, you will...
- Serve as a field evangelist and subject matter expert while having a clear point of view on the most critical initiative-based learning needed for reps and first-line managers
- Advocate for key systems and tools and proactively demonstrate underleveraged features and benefits in the field to reinforce rep awareness and usage
- Champion organisational change management to help global team members adopt and manage through change effectively
- Continue to build trusted relationships with Sales and cross-functional teams that you will be supporting
- Continue to expand the library of enablement content and skills training
- Review monthly metrics to discern the highest potential areas of opportunity for training development and intervention
- Be an integral part of team meetings with Sales Development, Business Development, New Business Sales, and Growth Sales organizations
Within 12 months, you will...
- Be an indispensable partner for every North American sales team
- Have a clear view of the impact your training and coaching efforts are having on the business
- Evolve global enablement programs to support continued growth, achievement and capability among the team
- Consistently and reliably give and receive feedback with peers
- Become a model leader in Sprout's Sales and Customer Success organisation
- Be recognized as an innovator in Enablement
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!