Enterprise Sales Director – Managed Services
3Cloud is a premier cloud-based technology consulting and managed services firm helping enterprise clients transform their business by leveraging Microsoft Azure and ancillary IT solutions. Our values include: Do the Right Thing, Passion for Clients, Win Together, Technical Brilliance, Entrepreneurial Passion, & Have Fun.
3Cloud’s architects, engineers, and consultants average more than 15+ years of designing, building, deploying, managing and operating IT solutions that aid clients in accelerating innovation, operating more efficiently, and disrupting industry to define new business opportunity. As a Microsoft Gold-Certified partner, we specialize in Microsoft Azure managed services, migrations, cloud-scale custom application development, Open Source technologies, IoT, Big Data, Analytics, and DevOps achieved through Azure-enabled infrastructure automation. 3Cloud is headquartered in Chicago with an additional office in Dallas.
This individual contributor position is responsible for generating business at new accounts and expanding opportunity at existing clients with a dedicated focus on Managed Services. Core responsibilities balance pure hunting/direct selling and joint selling by leveraging and developing relationships within the Microsoft field sales ecosystem, most critically with Microsoft Account Executives. Candidates will demonstrate a proven track record for solution selling of managed services, which includes cloud technology solutions, technical services, technical operations, and building trusted relationships with C-Level decision makers and business partners.
Business Leadership Responsibilities
- Design and implement managed services based market strategies for 3Cloud’s cloud managed services practices and solution offerings
- Identify and develop relationships with key corporate C-level and Senior Leadership representatives through prospecting, marketing leads and expansion of existing contacts within accounts
- Learn and understand business and technical requirements of clients to sell effective managed services solutions that drive business value and have a clear ROI
- Develop and maintain strong, trusted and mutually beneficial relationships with Microsoft AEs, field sales teams, and the Microsoft community – including ancillary partnerships focused on managed services.
- Understand the competitive landscape and 3Cloud’s differentiators to outmaneuver competition in competitive pursuits.
- Serve as marketing liaison with clients, supporting 3Cloud reference requests, case study creation, collateral approval, etc.
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle, including lead identification and qualification, scope construction, proposal development, client presentations and contract negotiation
- Build and maintain a strong sales pipeline and forecast accuracy through discovery calls and meetings with clients and partners.
- Exceed quarterly and annual bookings and margin targets.
- Manage the contract process for new deals, including negotiating on price and commercial terms.
- Drive client awareness and business development across service lines, but focused on 3Cloud’s managed services capabilities.
- Work with technical delivery teams to develop compelling, tailored proposals that meet client need while balancing continuity of delivery opportunities across all 3Cloud practices.
- Provide weekly updates in CRM; lead weekly pipeline review calls for your dedicated region & territory.
- Advocate for clients internally at 3Cloud, including briefing executives on needs and opportunities to inform staffing decisions, etc.
- Holistically understand an account’s current technology platform and help shape plans to move to cloud-based solutions and understand strategy of outsourcing. Become the trusted cloud advisor for your assigned portfolio of accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience. MBA is a plus.
- 5-10+ years’ managed services and outsourcing sales experience. Complex sales, solution selling, strategic accounts leadership is a plus.
- Candidates with prior sales experience in Cloud and Microsoft services and solutions are preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and persuasion skills are critical.
- Proven track record of successful solutions-oriented sales.
- Strategic account planning and execution skills.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas.
- Services sales experience selling through a channel environment.
- Passion to introduce and drive disruptive solutions to help customers evolve and transform into digital-first organizations
- Passion for client experience and for managed services as a vehicle to help clients achieve their goals.
- Ability to address conflict. Able to prepare for and execute on difficult conversations.
- Attention to detail, and insistence on excellence and “getting it right the first time.”