Field Sales Manager
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois has been selected by the State of Illinois as the finalist to be the new private manager for the Illinois Lottery and is currently working towards concluding the procurement process.The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the State, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Retail Sales team will implement a comprehensive refresh of the in-store experience for both customers and consumers. 8000 retailers. They will receive transformational sales support reinforced by better products and better media advertising resulting in a transformation of sales performance and overall brand image.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Field Sales Manager will be a key part of our Sales organization, responsible for leading and profitably managing all aspects of their assigned geographic area. They will ensure the team has necessary support and tools to effectively service customers. Develop and execute sales plans and goals with team which are designed to increase sales, profits and market share.
- Achieve assigned sales goals, consumer retail experience, and retailer satisfaction goals through the field sales team.
- Lead and motivate the sales team to achieve KPIs and objectives with indirect responsibility for a team of unionized Lottery employees.
- Assist the Divisional Field Sales Directors in developing initiatives to continually improve the execution of the retail strategy.
- Assist in developing the key trade interface with relevant bodies to ensure understanding and support for the company across those organizations.
- Use retail insight to develop plans and tactical activity in line with business plans.
- Assist in the developing of multi-channel contact strategy (new capabilities) to service retail outlets.Initiate, agree and implement ongoing significant developments to enhance the retail channel effectiveness and efficiency.
Internal and External Partnerships
- Building relationships with associations such as RMA (Illinois Retail Merchants Association).
- Partnering with the Key Account Director and other Divisional Field Sales Directors to achieve shared goals.
- Attend tradeshows, industry events and sales meetings as needed.
Retail Sales Management
- Assist Divisional Field Sales Directors in supporting retailers to maximize sales and minimize retailer churn.
- Assist in expanding and diversifying the retail network through independent retailers.
- Assist in maintaining and growing trading outlet numbers by generating a pipeline of new outlets.
- Partner with the Divisional Field Sales Director in assisting them in developing ways to deliver great in-store execution and retailer advocacy of Illinois Lottery within stores.
- Utilize insights to develop sales plans and ensure they are fit for Camelot Illinois overall retail strategy.
- Deliver objectives within budget and manage costs.
- Execute Camelot’s commercial plans with its customers and develop ways of maximizing sales performance.
- Bachelor degree in marketing or business management (or a related field).
- 2 or more years of relevant consumer packaged goods sales experience.
- One or more years of experience leading a sales team.
- Experience in developing and carrying out business plans and sales plans.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills in a direct or indirect sales capacity.
- Ability to convert insight into strategies and plans for the channel, as well as executing those plans.
- Proven experience of successfully managing retailer relationships at local, regional and state level.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite/Google Suite.
- Employee must have valid US driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.