Field Sales Manager
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Retail Sales team will implement a comprehensive refresh of the in-store experience for both customers and consumers. 8000 retailers. They will receive transformational sales support reinforced by better products and better media advertising resulting in a transformation of sales performance and overall brand image.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Field Sales Manager will be a key part of our Sales organization, responsible for leading and profitably managing all aspects of their assigned geographic area. They will ensure the team has the necessary support and tools to effectively service customers. Develop and execute sales plans and goals with team which are designed to increase sales, profits and market share.
Additionally, help to establish the Illinois Lottery brand to be a champion of the people of Illinois, through delivering - Fun Games, Create Winners, Support Causes. Powering possibilities across the Illinois Lottery retail landscape is a key driver to delivering for the people of Illinois.
- Achieve assigned sales goals, consumer retail experience, and retailer satisfaction goals through the field sales team.
- Lead and motivate the sales team to achieve KPIs and objectives with indirect responsibility for a team of unionized Lottery employees.
- Assist the Divisional Field Sales Directors in developing initiatives to continually improve the execution of the retail strategy.
- Assist in developing the key trade interface with relevant bodies to ensure understanding and support for the company across those organizations.
- Use retail insight to develop plans and tactical activity in line with business plans.
- Assist in the development of multi-channel contact strategy (new capabilities) to service retail outlets.Initiate, agree and implement ongoing significant developments to enhance the retail channel effectiveness and efficiency.
Internal and External Partnerships
- Building relationships with associations such as RMA (Illinois Retail Merchants Association).
- Partnering with the Key Account Director and other Divisional Field Sales Directors to achieve shared goals.
- Attend trade shows, industry events and sales meetings as needed.
Retail Sales Management
- Assist Divisional Field Sales Directors in supporting retailers to maximize sales and minimize retailer churn.
- Assist in expanding and diversifying the retail network through independent retailers.
- Assist in maintaining and growing trading outlet numbers by generating a pipeline of new outlets.
- Partner with the Divisional Field Sales Director in assisting them in developing ways to deliver great in-store execution and retailer advocacy of Illinois Lottery within stores.
- Utilize insights to develop sales plans and ensure they are fit for Camelot Illinois overall retail strategy.
- Deliver objectives within budget and manage costs.
- Execute Camelot’s commercial plans with its customers and develop ways of maximizing sales performance.
- Bachelor degree in marketing or business management (or a related field).
- 2 or more years of relevant consumer packaged goods sales experience.
- One or more years of experience leading a sales team.
- Experience in developing and carrying out business plans and sales plans.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills in a direct or indirect sales capacity.
- Ability to convert insight into strategies and plans for the channel, as well as executing those plans.
- Proven experience of successfully managing retailer relationships at local, regional and state level.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite/Google Suite.
- Employee must have a valid US driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.