The Group: The Morningstar Investment Management group (MIM) is a global team guided by Morningstar’s investment principles to deliver great long-term investment results and help investors reach their financial goals. We use our expertise in asset allocation, investment selection, and portfolio construction to create world-class investment strategies built on Morningstar’s research. The group specializes in multi-asset investing, using building blocks in equities, fixed-income, and alternative investments to construct robust portfolios. Through our investment offerings, we support financial advisors, institutions, and the investors they serve.
The Role: As the Investment Sales Consultant for Morningstar Managed Portfolios, you will join our growing US Sales Team by focusing on our existing advisor base, strengthen investment alignment and principles to increase business. This position is based out of our downtown Chicago office.
- Influence, persuade, and educate advisors on the key benefits of various Morningstar offerings and assist advisors in the evaluation of offerings considering specific client circumstances.
- Be conversant in all aspects of our managed portfolios program.
- Build relationships with advisors and make strong presentations via phone and written communication.
- Profile and service existing advisor partnerships within your assigned territories.
- Identify individual objectives, circumstances and needs of the advisor’s business and client base, and work with the advisor to align with Morningstar solutions.
- Make outbound calls to advisors to fill conferences, webinars and regional events when needed.
- Ability to perform various operational tasks as needed.
- Utilize current systems, including Salesforce CRM and Discovery Database to document and manage sales efforts.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with other areas such as Support, Marketing, Key Accounts and Investment as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prospect over the phone to financial advisors.
- Minimum of 4 years related industry experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interest and ability to explain portfolio management concepts.
- Series 65 or 66 Licensed, or ability to attain licensing within six months of being hired.
- Bachelor's degree required.
090_MstarInvSvcInc Morningstar Investment Services, Inc. Legal Entity