CancerIQ is a venture-backed digital health company that helps providers use genetic information to predict, pre-empt, and prevent disease – starting with cancer. Through our workflow automation and artificial intelligence - we make it faster, cheaper, and more profitable for providers to integrate genetics into routine care. We market our solutions nationwide to cancer centers, breast centers and genetics practices, and have delivered value to over 70 hospitals across the country.
Responsible for selling CancerIQ products and services directly to the healthcare industry, specifically staff in cancer centers, breast centers, and genetics practices. As a Junior Account Executive, you will be responsible for managing relationships with clinical users, and partnering with Senior Account Executive - that are responsible for relationships with senior healthcare administrators.
The Junior Account Executive role focuses heavily on outbound prospecting and moving deals through the pipeline. You will collaborate closely with marketing to engage with warm leads in order to qualify them, conduct clinical user-focused demos, and determine which accounts Senior Account Executives on the CancerIQ sales team should spend their time with.
Senior Account Executives at CancerIQ will serve as mentors. You are responsible for helping them grow the CancerIQ account base while learning the skills to eventually be a successful Senior Account Executive on your own. To maximize your personal earnings, you will need to be a highly motivated, career-oriented individual with a competitive drive and desire to work in technology or healthcare sales.
- Identifying qualified leads by doing research on companies in the cancer center, breast centers, women’s health, and genetic counseling program segments
- Gathering additional information on leads by converting warm leads provided by marketing, doing desktop research, making cold calls, and leveraging other online tools
- Attending conferences and proactively identifying opportunities to engage with clinical users
Gathering Discovery Information:
- Making 50+ calls a week to target companies in an assigned territory
- Engaging with clinical staff and potential CancerIQ users, and convincing them to begin the CancerIQ evaluation process
- Quickly gathering discovery information about the prospect so the initial demo meeting can be tailored towards the prospect’s needs
- Using CancerIQ email templates and marketing content to nurture leads and get them sales-ready over time
- Understanding key clinical user objections, and sending the right type of follow-up content at the right time
Deal Management & Execution:
- Collaborating with clinical users to develop Mutual Decision Plans and engage appropriate decision makers
- Preparing to follow-up after clinical demo meetings, and getting the account to the next stage of the buyer's journey
- Supporting Senior Account Executives in preparing for meetings with executive leadership and getting clinical user support beforehand
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who knows what it takes to execute a sales process, who treats the “job” as his or her own business, and thrives on learning about new innovations in the healthcare, genetics and genomics space. Prior experience selling in the healthcare space is strongly preferred, as well as someone who is driven to surpass goals while delivering a great experience to prospects, clients and coworkers. In addition to these qualities, we are looking for the following:
- 1-3 years of sales experience, with formal sales training as a BDR or SDR in a B2B software company and the interest in advancing to the next level in your sales career
- Interest in or experience in healthcare, preferably in a clinical specialty that we sell and market to - oncology, genetic counseling, women’s health, breast imaging, or primary care / population health.
- Demonstrated interest in sales as a profession, proactive about participating in sales training courses and continued learning and development
- 2 to 5 years of sales experience
- Experience or exposure to the healthcare sector
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, particularly MS Word and Powerpoint
- Comfortable learning software and conducting software demos
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge field of genetics and genomics, with a market-leading software solution
- Become part of a dynamic team of fun, and energetic professionals
- Member of SalesAssembly, where you will have the opportunity to access training and development opportunities, and connect with other sales professionals in the B2B sales sector in Chicago
- Health insurance, commuter benefits, 401k, unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to work remote through September 2021